NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Can't get web scheduler to work...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Maybe someone can help me...

I can't seem to get the webscheduler feature to work. I want to be able to connect from my office and set up recordings or whatnot. I just downloaded GBPVR, so its new.

I enabled the Web Scheduler feature in the configuration menu. I had to switch the port to 443 because that one has worked in the past at my office on other things. I opened it up on my router, unblocked GBPVR in Windows Firewall and added the port in there too. Not sure why I can't get it to work.
OK... I have concluded that I can get it to work on my home computer using the default port: 7647. However, my office blocks that port... so I can't connect from the office. When I try to change the port to 443... because that is the port that I use for my UltraVNC (remote access) it doesn't work.

About half the time when I try to go to the link I get a message asking me to open a .aspx link/file.
You should access via http://yourWANipaddress:7647/gbpvr/guide.aspx.

443 is the standard port for secure internet connections.....like https://.....this involves haveing a security certificate on the server.

Is the above URL format what you are using?
I was using that address. I am pretty sure that default port is blocked by my office. When I tried to install and setup UltraVNC they had the port I needed blocked also, so I had to use the 443 port.
Thats a drag.....you need to get someone at your office to open up the 7647 port.....Wink

I tried 443....I couldn't get it to work.
Bwangster12 Wrote:I enabled the Web Scheduler feature in the configuration menu.
When I clicked on the config tab, it asked for my user name and password. I tried my forum name and password but that wasn't it as well as my zap2it name & password. I accessed the web scheduler for the first time through the WIKI quick link. Should there be a password and userid or is there a better way to access EWA.

I am hoping to find out what the web scheduler does. From other posts, it seems as if you can set preferences to resolve conflicts. Such as whenever NCIS is opposite Standoff, record Standoff and look for another showing of the same episode as NCIS. Sounds fantastic if that's what it can do!
kayak4ever Wrote:When I clicked on the config tab, it asked for my user name and password. I tried my forum name and password but that wasn't it as well as my zap2it name & password. I accessed the web scheduler for the first time through the WIKI quick link. Should there be a password and userid or is there a better way to access EWA.

I am hoping to find out what the web scheduler does. From other posts, it seems as if you can set preferences to resolve conflicts. Such as whenever NCIS is opposite Standoff, record Standoff and look for another showing of the same episode as NCIS. Sounds fantastic if that's what it can do!

The user id and password for EWA are set through the GBPVR Config Utility....the settings can be found on the Misc tab in the GBPVR Config....bottom left hand side.
I love the ability to search movies, etc. However, it is not intuitive that you should click on "subtitle" to access the box that allows you to choose to record a particular movie. This might be a piece of information that should be added to the wiki (or maybe this post will be sufficient for those who didn't figure it out on their own).

The second comment relates to the reviews available from IMDB. When you click on the link, IMBD will say " A search for "Autumn in New York (2000) {PG-13} [1.5*]" found the following results: None" because it searched for "A search for "Autumn in New York (2000) {PG-13} [1.5*]" when it should have just searched for "Autumn in New York". While it is not difficult to research for just the title, is it possible to change the IMBD link to search for the title only? The netflix link works as it should and finds the review.
kayak4ever Wrote:I love the ability to search movies, etc. However, it is not intuitive that you should click on "subtitle" to access the box that allows you to choose to record a particular movie. This might be a piece of information that should be added to the wiki (or maybe this post will be sufficient for those who didn't figure it out on their own).

If you auto-expand the subtitle line then the screen quickly becomes cluttered with all the entries....so I only expand out to the subtitle. By nature treeviews work by clicking on nodes so when you see the root then the show node with a sub-node of title by nature of a treeview you should know to click on the node to expand it to see more....plus the + sign next to the node tells you that there is more info under the node.

kayak4ever Wrote:The second comment relates to the reviews available from IMDB. When you click on the link, IMBD will say " A search for "Autumn in New York (2000) {PG-13} [1.5*]" found the following results: None" because it searched for "A search for "Autumn in New York (2000) {PG-13} [1.5*]" when it should have just searched for "Autumn in New York". While it is not difficult to research for just the title, is it possible to change the IMBD link to search for the title only? The netflix link works as it should and finds the review.

The search string is populated by whatever is stored in the title of the show....from the information you are providing it looks as though you are running a suplemental data feed (i.e. I-xmltv) into the EPG data to add on the year and rating and (I am assuming) the 1.5* star rating. Am I correct? If not, what EPG populates all that info in the title?

My guess is that the IMDB search does not like the special characters wheras the NetFlix search engine is not bothered by them.
Yes, I am using I-xmltv and now that I understand what it is doing, there is an easy work around.

With respect to the tree, I like it the way it is (i.e., not cluttered): I just wanted to alert others on how the tree works to record shows if, like me, they didn't figure it out easily.

Great program and I thank you for all your help!
Pages: 1 2