NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Video Streaming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am unable to get the video streaming to work. I am just trying to get it to work over 2 pc's in my home for now. I have VLC installed on both machines. When I click on the Streaming button I can see the GBPVR icon in the task bar turn to green. So I guess its trying to stream, but nothing comes up in VLC on the second machine. Any help in trying to help me walk through this would be greatly appreciated.
Firewall in the way perhaps?
That would be my guess as well....make sure that port 7648 is open on the host machine (unless you changed the default stream port to something else....then make sure that port is open).
I don't think its a firewall problem. I totally disabled the software firerwall and then did some port forwarding on my router. It still didn't work. On the second machine when VLC loads the drop down screen comes down and remains black. No error message is given. When I click on view and then Stream and Media Info and then Statistics all the numbers in Input, Video and Audio are running.
Any ideas on what else could be the problem.
What type of file are you streaming....if there is any DRM in it then you can get that behavoir.
I think there MPEG. When I look on the computer thats doing the streaming the file created, while the streaming is going on, is an mpeg. On the computer receiving the stream, VLC says "stream.vlc.mp4. I don't really know what DRM is. I am just streaming straight from the TV Guide.
DRM is Digital Rights Management. If your source file is a Wmindows Media File then it may have DRM.....which means you can only play it through Windows Media player.....you can't strem it.

You can also not stream dvr-ms files which get produced in Windows Media Center PC's. If the source file is this type you can set your computer to record mpeg files instead.....read this thread.

If neither of the above two items is true....then it has to be something else....

Do a screen shot of your streaming settings in config and post them here.