NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Compilation Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got the error message in "Manage Recording" and in others place too!

Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS1502: The best overloaded method match for 'gbweb.classes.ProgrammeDisplay.FillProgrammeTreeArrayItem(gbweb.classes.ProgramTreeItem, System.Web.HttpServerUtility, GBPVR.Public.Programme, GBPVR.Public.ScheduledRecording, bool, string)' has some invalid arguments

Source Error:

Line 416: //Create a ProgrammeTreeItem to be loaded with the correct display information for the program
Line 417: ProgramTreeItem treeItem = new ProgramTreeItem();
Line 418: displayProgramme.FillProgrammeTreeArrayItem(treeItem, Server, programme, scheduledRecording, true, channel);
Line 419: //Add the loaded ProgrammeTreeITem to the Array
Line 420: pgmTree[treeIdx] = treeItem;

Source File: d:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\web\Manage.aspx.cs Line: 418

I have Windows XP Sp2 Mce 2005
Using the latest build of EWA and GbPvr
.Net 1.1+sp1 AND .Net 2.0 and Security Fixes

Any idea?
Sounds like you are missing a class or have an older class in with a newer build....follow the instructions on the wiki to relaod EWA.

Let me know what happens.
Alreay flushed everything. Did a clen reinstall of Gb-Pvr (did not start it) and I installed the lates build of EWA, following instruction.

The message I posted did not appear. Now, I have only 2 error messages.

One in the left pane in the "My Pictures" and when I try to save the settings.

There are still "compilation error".

Thanks for your help
Post whatever error you are now getting so I can see where it is occuring.
This is the error I receive when I try to save settings un the "Settings" page.

Server Error in '/gbpvr' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Input string was not in a correct format.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

Source Error:

Line 265: guideParams.strmVideoSizeOpt = streamVideoSizeOpt.Text;
Line 266: guideParams.strmVideoSize = streamVideoSize.Text;
Line 267: guideParams.strmVideoScaleSize = String.Format("{0:00.00}",Convert.ToDecimal(streamVideoScaleSize.Text));
Line 268: streamVideoScaleSize.Text = guideParams.strmVideoScaleSize;
Line 269:

Source File: d:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\web\Admin.aspx.cs Line: 267

Stack Trace:

[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]
System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) +2752835
System.Number.ParseDecimal(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) +119
System.Decimal.Parse(String s, IFormatProvider provider) +26
System.Convert.ToDecimal(String value) +85
gbweb.Admin.hlSubmit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\web\Admin.aspx.cs:267
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +75
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +97
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +172
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4921

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210

I dont have anymore the error in the Pictures pages. I had 2 sources for the pictures (one local, one network) and the Network computer was the same I was using for accessing the EWA.

Any clue for the error message?

Thanks for your help! People are relly helpfull here!
Go to the Admin screen and set the video size for streaming to scale and set the value to something like 1.0 or 0.5. I have seen this occur on a couple of machines where they do not use the decimal system they use the comma.

Are you in a country that uses commas rather than decimals?
Yep! In Québec, French Canadian settings.

It works, but when I press the Scale button, it try to refresh the page, then the error occur. If I go back to the settings page (entering the html page) the it is set to "Scale" with 1.0. If I change it to 1,0, then, it is OK.

Maybe a fix to convert coma to point will fix this problem?

Thanks for the help!
Plop this into the web directory and let me know if this fixes it....
No, sorry.

In fact, I got the error with both the coma and the point with the patch.... :S
Ok....I had to dig in and learn about culture settings....Big Grin

Try this version....should work....it worked for me when I had my system switched to French Canadian.

Let me know.
Pages: 1 2