NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Cannot get streaming to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Hope you can help me with a very strange problem:

1. Installed EWA on top of the GBPVR09813.msi, followed all instructions.
2. Went to the config page, changed Streamer Player to WMP and hit submit.

I then lost all the background colors (see attachment). When I clear the cookies, the format comes back to normal.

Also - streaming does not work.

1. I launch the external player.
2. Get a prompt to download stream.asp
3. Open with file with either WMP or VLC. VLC tries to connect to port 7648, but nothing happens. Port is open on Windows Firewall on the host computer and it's a LAN connection.

When I use WMP - error message: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error occurred. The server might not be available. Verify that you are connected to the network and that your proxy settings are correct.

4. Download and play work fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Is there any log that I can check?

Guy.
guydot Wrote:Hi all,

Hope you can help me with a very strange problem:

1. Installed EWA on top of the GBPVR09813.msi, followed all instructions.
2. Went to the config page, changed Streamer Player to WMP and hit submit.

I then lost all the background colors (see attachment). When I clear the cookies, the format comes back to normal.

Go to the config page and select a theme....it is sent on blank now....choose which ever other one you like and click submit.

guydot Wrote:Also - streaming does not work.

1. I launch the external player.
2. Get a prompt to download stream.asp
3. Open with file with either WMP or VLC. VLC tries to connect to port 7648, but nothing happens. Port is open on Windows Firewall on the host computer and it's a LAN connection.

When I use WMP - error message: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error occurred. The server might not be available. Verify that you are connected to the network and that your proxy settings are correct.

4. Download and play work fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Is there any log that I can check?

Guy.

Are you launching the player from the pop-up that appears when you click on stream?

You should be getting a file name of stream.asx or stream.vlc depending on which player you choose to use.

You can not stream a dvr-ms format files.....are you trying to stream them? If so it will not work....read this thread to see how to change to a standard mpeg format.

Let me know....
MANY thanks for the Theme answer (how did I miss that???)

As for the streaming, I have made more investigations. Here are my findings:

1. I had a problem with a specific file, but when I switched the streamer transcode options to the second option on the list, it played the file and all the others in VLC (see below).

2. When I choose external player/WMP or VLC and open the stream.asx/vlc with VLC it works!

3. When I choose external player/WMP and open the stream.asx with WMP I get: Connecting to media... and then Connecting... and nothing happens...

So - I have made some progress with VLC - but what am I missing with WMP?
BTW - any way to avoid the stream.asx prompt?

Thanks again for your help!
Guy.
guydot Wrote:MANY thanks for the Theme answer (how did I miss that???)

As for the streaming, I have made more investigations. Here are my findings:

1. I had a problem with a specific file, but when I switched the streamer transcode options to the second option on the list, it played the file and all the others in VLC (see below).

2. When I choose external player/WMP or VLC and open the stream.asx/vlc with VLC it works!

3. When I choose external player/WMP and open the stream.asx with WMP I get: Connecting to media... and then Connecting... and nothing happens...

So - I have made some progress with VLC - but what am I missing with WMP?
BTW - any way to avoid the stream.asx prompt?

Thanks again for your help!
Guy.

If you are using the H264 transcoding for streaming (which provides the best performance/quality....I think) Windows Media can not decode it....

I only use Windows Media Player when I want to do things in my Music Library....which is seldom. I switched to VLC some time ago....much more efficient the Windows Media.....