NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Playing other media files on MVP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

Heres what i woudl like to do....

Save some *.mov, *.WMA etc... files in a directory, now thats the easy bit, how do i play them on the MVP?

Ive looked at XDVD but i dont think this will do it, however is close... Has anyone else managed this so far?

Its like something will need to look at the file format then play it back and re-encode it, i have a feeling the re-encoding is easy as XDVD does that but is there something that can look at a file stream and work out what it is to play it?
It'll automatically transcode .wma and .avi files on the fly, but I dont know about .mov file, it probably cant play those - I've never tried it mysefl.
I get the feeling GBPVR pulled the file and it gets squashed through the "windows" media thing then?

So any file that the Server GBPVR machine can play through Windows Media player will be able to be viewed on the MVP??
Quote:So any file that the Server GBPVR machine can play through Windows Media player will be able to be viewed on the MVP??
No, it uses ffmpeg to convert the file to .mpg before sending it to the mvp.
Yep, back to square one then, doesnt work with an MPG file i have, plays locally (on dekstop outside GBPVR in windows Media Player) but when inside GBPVR to MVP, get music no picture (black screen).

Ideas anyone???
Where did you get the .MPG file? Was it one GB-PVR recorded?
No, its just a misc MPG file, i'll need to check but it might be MPG1 or a funny res.

The whole idea is to try and fine a re-encoder that will take "odd" video files and code them on the fly to play out to the MVP.

I know these files wont play, this is why i am looking.
This perticualr file is:
VIDEO = 1228Kbps (25fps 320x240 MPEG1 (VCD))
AUDIO = 128Kbps (44100Hz 2 channel MPEG1 audio layer 2)

Where as a file recorded via GBPVR on a PVR150 card is:
VIDEO = 7200Kbps (25fps 720x576 MPEG2 (DVD))
AUDIO = 224Kbps (48000Hz 2 channels MPEG1 audio layer 2)

This explains the audio working but not the video, although i know this already hence why i am looking for an "on the fly, do everything" encoder.
GB-PVR only tries to do on the fly stuff with non AVI files. You need to make sure MPG files are MVP compliant (so HDTV files etc).
sub Wrote:It'll automatically transcode .wma and .avi files on the fly, but I dont know about .mov file, it probably cant play those - I've never tried it mysefl.

I have made short avi-files with my canon photo camera. I can see them in GBPVR in the video library on my pc, but when I try to see them at my MVP I get a black screen and no sound.
Already reported: When I select "transcode" (to divx of xvid), the file changes to 0 bytes. My original file is gone.

I attached just a small avi-file for you to test yourself. I on the fly decoding not possible with this file type?
Pages: 1 2