NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Download All from the Music Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

When I try the funtion "Download All" from the Music Library the downloaded zipfile is corrupted.

Any ideas ?

Thanks for a great plugin. I really enjoy it.
First....are you using Build 52.....it was recently released and addressed an issue with download all.

Second....what tool are you using to Unzip the file?
Hi

I am running Build Number: 52
I use Windows XP's own buildin zip tool.

I have tried the download function from the GBPVR server itself and several other clients, all Windows XP and all unsuccsessfully.
I did a test too. Tried to open with Winrar, got an error: "unexpected end of archive".(translatedSmile ) But it is extracted ok after that, although with more errors. It plays ok too.
roebel Wrote:Hi

I am running Build Number: 52
I use Windows XP's own buildin zip tool.

I have tried the download function from the GBPVR server itself and several other clients, all Windows XP and all unsuccsessfully.

Sounds like something in the built in XP Zip logic does not like how these Zips are being created.....All I can say is try WinZip.....I have tried this on 4 machines (all using WinZip) and it is fine. It is a standard Archive.
HtV Wrote:I did a test too. Tried to open with Winrar, got an error: "unexpected end of archive".(translatedSmile ) But it is extracted ok after that, although with more errors. It plays ok too.

Thanks....not sure what would cause that....I can see that Xp's Zip doesn't like something.....I'll see if there is anything to tweak but it is a valid archive based on the original Zip standard.....
Some more testing:
- As said before: winrar opens the zip but with (nonfatal)errors
- 7Zip opens it fine.
- a built in unzipper in Totalcommander (filemanager) won't open the zip
- builtin xp unzipper won't open it (could be the same from the one above)

So I would say it is not completely healthy.Wink
HtV Wrote:Some more testing:
- As said before: winrar opens the zip but with (nonfatal)errors
- 7Zip opens it fine.
- a built in unzipper in Totalcommander (filemanager) won't open the zip
- builtin xp unzipper won't open it (could be the same from the one above)

So I would say it is not completely healthy.Wink

I am guessing it is healthy but may not meet standards as set by some of the other Zip utilities.....7Zip is very popular...works fine.....Winzip is most popular....works fine.....

I will do a little more research and see what I come up with but my overly concerned about it.
I agree it's not the biggest problem, although I must say I haven't got any other ones at the momentBig Grin Big Grin. Haven't had any recordingservice lockups since yesterday, I'm trying not to hold my breathWink

cya Hans
Ok guys....I figured this one out....it had to do with the zip file not containing the file lengths in the header....they were just being defaulted to the footer of the archive.

I found some info that indicated some Archive utilities only look in one spot while others look in both......

Here is a patch.....I will put out build 53 tonight that will have this fix plus two other fixes I did this week.
Pages: 1 2