NextPVR Forums

Full Version: How to debug slow response
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been using gbpvr w/mvp for years. click response can be very good, or very bad. I have learned now to click once and wait.
I would like to try and figure out the heck is going on. I have a bunch of devices on my home network and, yes, strange things happen all the time.
I am not a network guru, but I have played around with ethereal to try and see whats happening.
I dont know how to debug what my gbpvr server is doing.....

Does anyone have any tips or tool recommendations for debugging this?
I am probably going to invest a day or so in reinstalling and checking the other devices on the network, but I really would like to avoid just blindly poking around.

Also, is there a preferred .bin I should load to the MVP ?

Thanks
I'm surprised you haven't received an answer by now. Perhaps because no one wanted to give you the bad news...

Your click response is probably the same as everyone's. That's the nature of the beast. Troubleshooting TCP/IP would only really help the picture, and stuttering, etc...

Many people have said that the click delay has gotten better in recent GB-PVR releases. Lately, most are using the default .bin that ships with GB-PVR. Perhaps there are further improvements in the future. But I suspect there will always be that fairly long click delay...
Found this in another thread:

MVP Network Tweaks (Tipster)
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=11083&page=2

I was planning to give it a whirl...

SparcEE