NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MCE Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To whomever used both MCE and Hauppauge remotes - what is the MCE equivalent of the irremote.ini? is there?

What is the easiest way to control what happens in GBPVR when pressing a button on the remote?

thanks
Quote:To whomever used both MCE and Hauppauge remotes - what is the MCE equivalent of the irremote.ini? is there?
There isnt an equivalent.

Quote:What is the easiest way to control what happens in GBPVR when pressing a button on the remote?
If you need to something other than the default mappings GB-PVR provides, then you'd need to look into using third party software like HIP or Girder for controlling your remote.
Well, what I'm missing are the four colored buttons. I think you mentioned you are using MCE remote. How do you cope with that? for example, how do you change ratio (F7) ? or do you always have a KB handy in front of the TV?
I had similar question (don't want to admit how long it took me to realize that my remote was MCE and not Hauppauge - wondered why it wasn't working on GBPVR and the drivers refused to install...), and finally I found HIP to be a good solution. It's not what I thought it would be at first, but it's more similar to keyboard profile loaders/etc. You specify for a given program (I think you can list up to 20?) what to do when certain keys are pressed on the remote, i.e. map keyboard presses such as F7. If you install HIP, you can then get it to translate one of the MCE remote keypresses into F7 if that's what you're looking for. You'll just have to let it know to do this for GBPVR. I'm still trying to figure out how to get it to process commands in Explorer.exe...