NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Multiple capture cards possible ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Newbie here and sorry if I have posted this in the wrong forum. I have had GBPVR for a while and enjoy if but am finding myself with conflicts and wanting to set up a MVP. I have a Hauppauge PVR 150 and am rebuilding a newer system : AMD 2800+, 1g ram, 2-200g hd, WindowsXP HomeEdition... My question is can you have more than one capture card in your system so that you can watch a show while another is being recorded, or record 2 shows at the same time ?

Thanks
Excellent thanks ! No idea how I missed that.

Second question now is I was wanting to get a PVR 350 but on the GBPVR web site it doesn't recomment it yet I see alot of people on the forum using it. Should I get another 150 or go for a 350 ?
If you got a 150 working ok and have your tv working ok there is no reason you should go for a 350. Only reason to buy a 350 would be the use of the tv-out of it. But many users have problems with that. So I wouldn't go for it. I'm sure you're better of with an extra 150. Cheaper too.Smile
Thank you very much for the advice.
Unless, of course, someone is unloading a 350 really cheap. You don't have to use the problematic decoding feature, which makes it basically an early 250 model (runs hotter than the later versions).
I finally picked up my second card and installed it. Setting it up like the first one but wondering if I need to have it go through zap2it as well for the EPG or can they both use the same one as they are both going to be connected to the same cable service with a splitter ?