NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Nova-T 90002 Missing Channels On Mendip Transmitter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've been using GB-PVR for a few years now and like to keep it uptodate when sub releases new versions. A while ago i started having problems tuning my nova-t, finding channels missing and duplicate channels such as "BBC Two (#2) #2"

I've downloaded the latest driver cd from the hauppauge website and installed the drivers and wintv application which pics up all the channels and radio stations correctly. However GB-PVR still misses channels, repeats channels and creates (#2) #2 channels.

I've tried everything I can think of and spent many an hour searching the forum for people with similar troubles but to no avail.

Has anybody experienced this problem before and is there a solution to it?

I've attached the native log from the config program but the other one was too big and so is located here: http://swd.dnsalias.com/Config.exe.txt

Thanks in advance for any help offered!

Phil
As far as I can tell, that looks like a normal scan to me.

Which channels are you missing? Bear in mind that the DVB channel scan won't detect any channel which isn't broadcasting at the time of the scan. At least that's the way it used to be, unless sub has put in some extra PSI parsing that I'm not aware of. I think the Hauppauge software uses a different mechanism to detect channels which aren't actually broadcasting at the time of the scan.

The second channels (2 or #2) are invariably the Visually Impaired Commentary streams - these are like 'audio subtitles' for the blind and visually impaired. They add a commentary to the programme to describe what's going on. The channel scan has been picking these up for a long time - it's nothing new.

Cheers,
Brian
Thanks brian, that was one of the problems i was experiencing, also after replacing the tv booster all of the expected channels appeared.

Thanks for you help!

Phil
There's that listing utility for scanning channels and showing signal strength somewhere around - CMD based..... just a mo.... A UK version adopted from an Oz original.

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=8417

Martin