NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Remote Extender Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey gang,
I need help figuring out what hardware to buy to run with GB-PVR.
My computer is outside my master bedroom in a vacant hallway upstairs. (to keep the noise out of the bedroom)
I installed a PVC pipe in the wall between the two so I can run the PC audio/video cables + wireless Keyboard/Mouse receiver to the projector(TV).
My computer is already equipped with video/audio-out hardware.
I need to purchase PVR TV tuner hardware + remote, but I want the remote to have a receiver extender to go through the wall as well.
I am trying to keep the cost down, or else I would go with the Hauppauge WinTV PVR USB2.
Also, in the next couple months I will be getting a digtal cable box and would like to be prepared for that.
Any suggestions of:
  1. What PVR tuner hardware to buy
  2. What remote to buy (if the hardware doesn't come with one)
  3. What extender to buy (if the remote doesn't come with one)

Thank you for the tips!
~Syn
Try the OFA 9910 remote it transmits via RF in addition to IR.
the ir receiver on the haupauge PCI cards is maybe 60+cm long (sorry I dont have it to hand to measure it exactly). This maybe long enough to stick through the wall if the back end of your pc is near where you want the receiver to be on the other side of the wall....
Will the URC-9910 be strong enough to go through the wall?
Also, what PVR card/usb device should I go with to partner up with the remote?
(keep in mind I have plans for digital usage in the future... cost is also an issue)

Thnx for the info!
~Syn Big Grin
Ah! I was not aware that the Hauppauge PVR PCI cards had any kind of extension cable for the remote function! I thought as long as you pointed the remote at the PC, it would pick up the signal. I really only need about 10 inches of cable to go through the wall with the cable. Can someone measure the cable for me?
With this new information... what Hauppauge PVR card supports both analog & digital? (future digital box in the picture)