NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Confused: Looking for QAM and (OTA) ATSC HDTV Capture Card for GBPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,
I was looking at the FusionHDTV 5 Gold card. However, after reading a post buy sub it appears that GB-PVR Does not support the QAM side? I would have to use the supplied fusion software. Is my understanding correct? Is this software good?

Should I look for an alternative card if I want QAM support? Can someone recommend one that has good reception for over the air and QAM support.

Thank you,
Ben Gannon
Confused but learning and reading.....
Quote:Hi All,
I was looking at the FusionHDTV 5 Gold card. However, after reading a post buy sub it appears that GB-PVR Does not support the QAM side? I would have to use the supplied fusion software. Is my understanding correct? Is this software good?
Yes, you'd have to use the supplied fusion software. The Fusion5 device does not support QAM via their BDA drivers.

Quote:Should I look for an alternative card if I want QAM support? Can someone recommend one that has good reception for over the air and QAM support.
I think the OnAir USB HDTV GT is the only device that can do both QAM and OTA via its BDA drivers, though there might also be options using the HDHomeRun product, but I dont really have first hand experience with this myself.
Thank for your quick reply sub. I will check out the On Air product. I hear that USB based devices has problems. Is this true?

Also, looking for recommendations for a cheep sound card with SPDIF output.

Thank you!!

Ben Gannon
Quote:I hear that USB based devices has problems. Is this true?
Not that I'm aware of. I think some might have had problems coming out of standby?? I dont know.