NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Which analogue capture card for ntl STB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just built my dream PVR, but I need a capture card and IR blaster to control my ntl Pace 4010 STB (RC5 IR I think) and I'm not sure which one to get. Ideally I would like a hardware MPEG encoder, a remote that can be used to do everything GB-PVR does, and a blaster that will control the STB, all in one package. Does the Hauppauge PVR 150 do this? If so, should I get the MCE version or not? Is there a difference between the MCE remote and the ordinary Hauppauge one? Are there other options? (I have a dual tuner DVB-T card already, so what TV the card tunes is irrelevant) Should I buy the card andf the remote/IR blaster separately?

TIA. Happy New Year to you all and Sub especially Smile
The hauppauge blaster does not control any NTL bxes (AFAIK). I have NTL with a Samsung box - the 150 works fine and I use redeye serial to change the channel!!
I had the NTL Samsung box before moving house, and managed to get it controled by an OEM MCE remote - this was the origins of the HIPGuide on the wiki. Not sure about the haup MCE.

Although its probably more expensive to get seperate remote and blaster, if i was starting out again, I'd second garyeuph, and get a redeye instead. it was a pain in the rear end getting my OEM MCE remote to be 100% reliable changing channels on the STB, mainly due to the samsung using toggle codes within the IR commands. I believe the redeye deals with toggle codes 'out of the box'..? well worth the extra pennies!