NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hauppauge PVR150 with PVR150MCE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm very new to these forums. I've had a GBPVR system for about a year and a half now, but I just recently upgraded to two capture cards. Here's my information

AMD Athlon XP 2800+, 512mb PC2700, Hauppauge PVR 150 (1045 model), Hauppauge PVR 150MCE, Windows XP Media Center Edition.

I have been running just fine with one card ever since I built the system. I got the second card (150MCE) for Christmas this year and just installed it.

For my first test, I tried recording one channel and watching another. The recording was fine, but I only got static when watching live TV. If I switch the order and set the MCE to source #1 and the 150 to source #2, the same thing happens.

Any help would be great

Thanks
I forgot to say that the upper left hand corner says @aspectRatio when using the MCE card, which I've never seen before.
I have the same setup and it works great. I am not sure what you mean exactly by source 1 and source 2. Do you mean capture device number that you set in config? If so, you can't just make up the capture device number. You need to run a utility, look at this page http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FAQ/DeviceTypeCheck and it will tell you how to find out the device number. Double check that and let us know if you have any other issues.
I ran the DeviceTypeCheck utility and it said that the 150 was device #1 and the 150MCE was #2.

I changed the two cards to their correct device numbers, but still had a problem

I went to the extreme (which I usually do when I get mad at a computer), uninstalled both cards and switched them in their PCI slots.

When I reinstalled the two cards, neither would give me a good signal. I decided to install them one at a time instead of letting windows decide which drivers to install, and I found that both cards were using the PVR150 drivers.

I unistalled the drivers for the MCE and installed the correct ones from the disc.

NOW EVERYTHING WORKS LIKE IT SHOULD

Thank you soccerdad for your help.
all 3 of mine use the same driver.
I don't know, but I think that the problem was the older drivers with the newer card.