NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Driving a TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Folks,

I've just moved my GBPVR machine to the lounge (My wife has approved the move) since I've got a nice new silverstone case, however the TV is being driven by a NVidia MX440 with svideo out, however the picture quality is poor.......

My question is What graphics card would people recommend ?
how much money were you planning to spend?

Do you want a silent card or is noise not an issue?

Do you want to play games on this PC?

FWIW: I have an old 9600 pro that gives a great svideo output when used with a good cable.
how much money were you planning to spend? Errr..... well I want a good card but I'm not going to break the bank

Do you want a silent card or is noise not an issue? Slient card is very important

Do you want to play games on this PC? Nope....

FWIW: I have an old 9600 pro that gives a great svideo output when used with a good cable.
What type of sVideo cable are you using ? and are you connecting via a Scart Adaptor ?
you haven;t given much of a price guide!

how about this passively cooled card for < £40.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduc...=GX-026-CO

there are a number of people using the ATI 9550. perhaps they could chime in with some feedback on this card.

I use an IXOS svideo to scart cable. very chunky and gold plated. Gives a much better picture than I got with the el cheepo cable I had before.
gEd Wrote:you haven;t given much of a price guide!

well I was trying to get the right card, rather than be bound by price but I'm not going to pay £250 for a graphics card.....

Quote:how about this passively cooled card for < £40.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduc...=GX-026-CO

there are a number of people using the ATI 9550. perhaps they could chime in with some feedback on this card.

I use an IXOS svideo to scart cable. very chunky and gold plated. Gives a much better picture than I got with the el cheepo cable I had before.

Thanks for the card, it looks great... I'm going to order one of these in a couple of days....

Also Thanks for the svideo info, I'd been lead to believe (thank you Maplin) this type of cable just didn't exist .... I'm kicking my self for not checking with google...

Thanks