NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Configuration of directory order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tried GB-PVR without success some 2 years ago, well what a transformation keep up the good work.

In my setup (UK Freeview std definition mpg) I use a Nebular receiver on a stand alone server and a thin MVP client located in viewing area... with your latest software 0.99.5 I now finally have a user friendly thin client (MVP).
After adding various plugins I now have something almost perfect. As always there is always some minor niggle... mine is my inability to order directories for the video libraries. I have tried adding them in the sequence I want, but to no avail! Is there a way this can be simply achieved without database plugins?

Thanks in advance for a wonderful MVP replacement front end as from these minor niggles its outstanding
They should appear in the order they listed in the config app - or reverse order, I cant remember which.
Thanks for fast feedback but alas this seems to work for small number of entries but not >4 or 5 up to this point entry configuration is well behaved and predictable. But over this number list becomes random!!
tried
forward
reverse
on date create etc!!!!
no joy

my niggle really relates to sluggish navigation of mvp (hauppauge issue)
my wife first time with GB-PVR can see all available content on single page but I need to order most desirable at top of list
I am using Video Archive plug-in to arrange directories into categories Kids, Sports, Family, All for multiple users. Perhaps you can give it a try instead of arranging directories.

Dan L.
I'll look it up
If I understand correctly you're dealing wilth the directory order of f.i your video dir, it orders alphabetical, I used "-name-" (without the quotes) to put this dir. on top of the list, you can also try "01-popular" "02-less popular"
Yes tyried this.. seems ok for first 3 entries then becomes random ie

01-Drama-
02-Films-
03-Music1-

Then get

04-Music2-
01-Drama-
02-Films-
03-Music1-
05-Music3-

So unpredictable and anoying!!
Try this patch.
Almost ...but not quite!

I replaced config.exe with net config.exe in default location
(ie for me C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr).

Openeded up config.exe deleted all previous entries then added directories in my preferred sequenced.

This time all very logical and predictable. List in config window now remains as entered.

However on closing the config menu this order does not get replicated to menu front end.

Thanks for you help with this one.
Sorry to be a nuisance, but any update on this or will it be fixed in next version 1.0
Pages: 1 2