NextPVR Forums

Full Version: PCI Video card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all. I have the Hauppauge 150 in a Dell 2.4Ghz P4 with 1gb ram. I have been using it for quite a while with GBPVR. I am using a VGA to rca video converter box. The video is not that great, but it works. I was wondering what you guys would suggest as a good PCI video card with TV out? I don't want to spend alot of money, just something better than on-board video.

Thanks..
If budget is your prime concern I would recommend this card: Apollo FX5200

It has DVI, S-Vid, and good old analogue outputs. 128-bit memory interface, (most cards on PCI are 64-Bit) fully DirectX 9 Compliant, and is passively cooled (no fan = no noise). I don't know how well this card would do in any games but it will be very good for PVR usage.

Best of Luck.
3406E Wrote:If budget is your prime concern I would recommend this card: Apollo FX5200

It has DVI, S-Vid, and good old analogue outputs. 128-bit memory interface, (most cards on PCI are 64-Bit) fully DirectX 9 Compliant, and is passively cooled (no fan = no noise). I don't know how well this card would do in any games but it will be very good for PVR usage.

Best of Luck.

Thanks a bunch!!