NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Trans2MVP.bat & ffmpeg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Over the weekend, I upgraded to the 99.05 version of GBPVR. So far, I have been quite happy with the release. However, I have noticed that there was a big change with the copy of ffmpeg.

I am currently using the trans2mvp.bat script several of us discussed quite a few months ago to properly size the video on the mvp. For whatever reason, the transcoding done by the new ffmpeg is very low quality and pixelated.

For the meantime, I have replaced this copy of ffmpeg with the one included in the last install (as I backup the entire gbpvr directory before upgrading). This fixes my problem and the video is viewable quality again, but is probably not the best solution for this.

Does anyone know what has changed in ffmpeg that would affect the image so much? The script is posted in this thread, and has worked beautifully since I have put it in place:

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=15156

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Jonathan
The bitrate command line has changed in new versions of ffmpeg. "-b 2400" now needs to be "-b 2400k".
sub Wrote:The bitrate command line has changed in new versions of ffmpeg. "-b 2400" now needs to be "-b 2400k".

Thanks Sub! I'll update my script and restore the current version of ffmpeg and see if that resolves the problem. Sounds like that is definitely going to be the culprit!

Jonathan
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that'll be your problem.
AHA - that is why!!

This pages need updates

f.e. http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tips/Post3

ReProcess.bat - inside is

:WithFFmpeg

REM ********************
REM ** FFMPEG
ECHO Using FFmpeg... >> "%~dpn1.PostLog.txt"

"C:\Program Files\gbpvr\Third Party\FFmpeg\ffmpeg.exe" -y -i "%~dpn1.mpg" -f avi -ab 224 -ac 2 -acodec mp3 -vcodec mpeg4 -b %Bitrate% -vtag %UseCodec% "%~dpn1.avi"

GOTO FinishedTranscoding
REM ********************