NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Problem setting up PCTV HD pro stick tuner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I'm having a problem setting up my capture device to be recognized by gbpvr. I made up a new ini. for it using GraphEdit. Here is my info:

[Pctv550]
TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
FILTER_TUNER=BDA 2883 TVTuner
FILTER_CAPTURE=BDA 2883 Capture
PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
PIN_TUNER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_IN=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_OUT=MPEG2 Transport

The problem is, when I go to configure Capture Sources I do not get to the place where I can put in the information: Source - which is a cable box hooked up to composite output, and Fixed Channel - since I do not have Ir blaster. Any help would be appreciated. I'll check back later. Thanks
Quote:The problem is, when I go to configure Capture Sources I do not get to the place where I can put in the information: Source - which is a cable box hooked up to composite output, and Fixed Channel - since I do not have Ir blaster. Any help would be appreciated. I'll check back later. Thanks
Sorry, but the analog side of this device (composite etc) is not supported - it lacks the required hardware MPEG2 encoder.

It should be fine for digital reception though, using the BDA Recorder Plugin.
sub Wrote:Sorry, but the analog side of this device (composite etc) is not supported - it lacks the required hardware MPEG2 encoder.

It should be fine for digital reception though, using the BDA Recorder Plugin.

I guess then I am not sure how to set it up, when I try to Update EPG to get a channel to view digital reception, nothing happens. Any Ideas? Thanks.
Did you setup a capture source, configured for the BDA Recording Plugin, then click the 'map digital channels to epg channels' button?
sub Wrote:Did you setup a capture source, configured for the BDA Recording Plugin, then click the 'map digital channels to epg channels' button?

I did, but when I Click the 'map digital channels to epg channels' button it tells me that I must import a list of EPG channels before attempting to scan and map digital channels, please use EPG button to do this. When I do that though no channels are ever added. Any other Ideas? Thanks.
What is your EPG Source set to? The easiest is to select the DVB EPG option. Alternatively you could use the XMLTV option, but this will require you to set up third party software to generate the XMLTV files.
sub Wrote:What is your EPG Source set to? The easiest is to select the DVB EPG option. Alternatively you could use the XMLTV option, but this will require you to set up third party software to generate the XMLTV files.

That was my problem I had the source set to none. Thanks for the help, it was much appreciated.
speedy1001 Wrote:That was my problem I had the source set to none. Thanks for the help, it was much appreciated.

Sorry, But I still have a problem. Now it will scan for digital channels, but does not find any. I'm sure it probably is the way that the cable box is hooked up to Pctv prostick. I am using a composite setup, which is supposed to be for sending digital signal, however there was no place in the configuration phase that asked me for what type of hookup I had. Any ideas for this. Thanks again
Quote: I'm sure it probably is the way that the cable box is hooked up to Pctv prostick. I am using a composite setup, which is supposed to be for sending digital signal, however there was no place in the configuration phase that asked me for what type of hookup I had.
When you do this, you're trying to use the analog side of this device, and as I said above, the analog side of this device wont work because it doesnt have the required hardware MPEG2 encoder.

GB-PVR would work with the digital side of this device, but this is used for receiving DVB-T signals via an antenna, not analog signals via a cable box.
sub Wrote:When you do this, you're trying to use the analog side of this device, and as I said above, the analog side of this device wont work because it doesnt have the required hardware MPEG2 encoder.

GB-PVR would work with the digital side of this device, but this is used for receiving DVB-T signals via an antenna, not analog signals via a cable box.

This is a digital receiver cable box, but you are saying that I can only receive analog signals from it? Sorry, i'm a noob.
Pages: 1 2