NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVP Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I've been using my MVP with gbpvr and Zprocces to watch movies on my tv for ages. It's amazing that this software is available whilst Hauppage sit on their fat asses doing sweet FA.

I upgraded to the latest version of gbpvr and Zproccess with no problems but recently I've noticed that my movies start to break up and now they are stutter all the time!

I suspect a network problem or a fault with my MVP. Is there anyway to test the various parts of my network? I have my PC connected to a Net gear router and I ideally want some software or diagnostic utility that will tell me what the various ports on the router are connecting at so I can confirm the what the MVP and PC are connecting at 100mbps.

Any ideas?

Ta
If you google ethereal, it will do what you are asking for - and loads more. It's got a pretty steep learning curve (unless you are very knowledgeable about networking), but it can be indispensable.

Oh, and it's free.
Have you tried switching dongle.bin files? The one that installed with the newest GBPVR messed with my ability to FF and RW. I'm back on one of the ones I've had good luck with.
Which Dongle file is that?
My MVP is a Twonk Wrote:Hi,

I've been using my MVP with gbpvr and Zprocces to watch movies on my tv for ages. It's amazing that this software is available whilst Hauppage sit on their fat asses doing sweet FA.

I upgraded to the latest version of gbpvr and Zproccess with no problems but recently I've noticed that my movies start to break up and now they are stutter all the time!

I suspect a network problem or a fault with my MVP. Is there anyway to test the various parts of my network? I have my PC connected to a Net gear router and I ideally want some software or diagnostic utility that will tell me what the various ports on the router are connecting at so I can confirm the what the MVP and PC are connecting at 100mbps.

Any ideas?

Ta

As in another post, I would state the MVP Hardware revision (H2, D3, etc...)

and which dongle.bin, as in the one that comes with 95.5, or a different one...

(been using ZProcess for ages, eh? and only 2 posts currently? That's pretty good - glad you could make the party...)

Anyway, with ZProcess, are you using the new MEncoder feature? It's still causing some people trouble - see the ZProcess sub-forum)

If you are using a fairly current ZProcess and GB-PVR 95.5 then it might be the new version of FFmpeg.exe that comes with it...

Then there's the network tweaks that are all over the place...

I've collected a bunch here. I use them, and I've noticed a pretty good improvement (thanks tipster and others)

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Save this file as a .reg file and run (merge) it...

But be warned... It's messing with your registry, man. You'll have to take responsibility for whatever happens...

But here's the big thing: GBPVR and ZProcess don't mess with network settings, so unless something else was installed, I wouldn't look there. (The tweaks are fine and all...)

Have a look at other things.
zehd Wrote:As in another post, I would state the MVP Hardware revision (H2, D3, etc...)

and which dongle.bin, as in the one that comes with 95.5, or a different one...

(been using ZProcess for ages, eh? and only 2 posts currently? That's pretty good - glad you could make the party...)

Anyway, with ZProcess, are you using the new MEncoder feature? It's still causing some people trouble - see the ZProcess sub-forum)

If you are using a fairly current ZProcess and GB-PVR 95.5 then it might be the new version of FFmpeg.exe that comes with it...

Then there's the network tweaks that are all over the place...

I've collected a bunch here. I use them, and I've noticed a pretty good improvement (thanks tipster and others)

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

But be warned... It's messing with your registry, man. You'll have to take responsibility for whatever happens...

But here's the big thing: GBPVR and ZProcess don't mess with network settings, so unless something else was installed, I wouldn't look there. (The tweaks are fine and all...)

Have a look at other things.

Hi,

My previous login was Machina and you helped me get ZProccess running originally. I have just done a fresh install of Windows XP and I plan to use gbpvr and the latest ZProccess. Is there anywhere to download previous versions of both pieces of software to trouble shoot?

With my previous XP I couldn't get mencoder to appear in the drop down list. I'll let you know how I get on with fresh installs.
My MVP is a Twonk Wrote:Hi,

My previous login was Machina and you helped me get ZProccess running originally. I have just done a fresh install of Windows XP and I plan to use gbpvr and the latest ZProccess. Is there anywhere to download previous versions of both pieces of software to trouble shoot?

With my previous XP I couldn't get mencoder to appear in the drop down list. I'll let you know how I get on with fresh installs.

Well, there's been a couple others not able to get MEncoder showing up with ZProcess. Haven't the foggiest...

But with the fresh install, there really shouldn't be a problem. Install GB-PVR in the default directory, (other directories work, but the normal one is best), Install Mencoder in the default directory. Copy The contents ZProcess.zip into C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\Third Party\ZProcess

Then grab the very latest ZProcess.exe from here

You shouldn't have to install them, but comskip, comclean and VLC are great to have...

Any questions, post 'em in the ZProcess forum...
zehd Wrote:Then there's the network tweaks that are all over the place...

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

I applied these registry settings. It gave enormous improvement of stability with my MVP. As a matter of fact I have quite long cables, and quite a few switches in my stup. Some suggested that might be my problems. However this patch stongly indicates it are the network settings.

I suggest that a knowledgeable person publishes this patch on the WIKI. I think there is a placeholder for it since a year or so.
I am having similar problems with my MVP. I set up a new system using GB-PVR for the first time with my MVP. The MVP played fine using Hauppauge's software, but it stutters constantly on both LiveTV and recording playback on GB-PVR. I am using 99.5 and the dongle file that came with it, I also tried rolling back to the one that came with the MVP and I got one from a friend which is working in his GB-PVR setup. I checked all the settings that I could think of, and I applied the registry patches above. Any other suggestions? I'm not trying anything special, just basic recording and basic live playback. My Hauppauge PVR-350 is doing all the encoding and decoding, but I tried changing to software decoders just in case. The recordings play fine on my computer, I don't have a TV near the computer to test the direct output, but I have to assume that this is the MVP.

Network: I have a gigabit switch with the MVP, my computer and an uplink to the rest of my network (to keep this traffic off my network connection).

Diagnostics: During playback, my CPU usage fluctuates from 18% to 35% and my network usage stays under .5%

I think that I've tried everything, but maybe someone who has used GB-PVR for a while will know of things that I haven't found to try...
kg4dkf Wrote:The MVP played fine using Hauppauge's software, but it stutters constantly on both LiveTV and recording playback on GB-PVR.

Do you have Live TV with the original Hauppauge MVP software?
Pages: 1 2