NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 99.5 OSD question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now that my MVP is properly installed (dedicated cat5 run to the MVP, new RCA cables run to it, etc...) I'm starting to use it. I have a question about the OSD during playback. On the GBPVR box itself when I skip forward or backward the top of the screen shows the time/position bar. I don't get that on the MVP. Is there a way to enable that? Is that even an option with the MVP. Does that have to do with "minimal OSD" and what kind of impact would turning that off have?

The other question I had was if I hit the power button the MVP remote and then after some time hit it again to turn the MVP back on the first reconnect attempt says "Failed to locate GUI server", and then a second later it seems to connect and work fine. Is this a known issue? It doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Just a minor nitpick or two. Smile
Yes, it relates to the minimal OSD setting. Its off by default because the MVP is pretty sluggish while displaying the OSD and video, making it seem much less responsive.

Quote:The other question I had was if I hit the power button the MVP remote and then after some time hit it again to turn the MVP back on the first reconnect attempt says "Failed to locate GUI server", and then a second later it seems to connect and work fine. Is this a known issue? It doesn't seem to cause any problems.
It depends how long you left it off before powering it back on. It doesnt accept requests for a short time while some things are reset.
Sounds good. Thanks for the support again!