NextPVR Forums

Full Version: No sound or video on MVP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

Finally took delivery of a shiny new MVP today, but I'm having some serious trouble getting video or music to work.

I initially installed the Hauppauge software so I could validate that the network and box and everything were all working and compatible, and that my videos would play, then I did a complete uninstall of the Hauppauge software.

So now my MVP is connecting to GBPVR, I can browse the menus, look at photos etc, but when I try to play a video (an xvid avi, which plays perfectly on the PC install of GBPVR), I just get a blank screen. When I try to play MP3s, nothing much at all seems to happen.

I've upgraded to the latest version and reverted back to the default skin to eliminate as many issues as possible, but to no avail.

I've atached the logs, but I can't see any errors in there. It seems to begin playback OK, but (and I don't know if this is just the way the logging works) I don't see it saying it's sending any frames. Also, the framerate = 0 seems curious to me.

I've scoured the forum all day looking for a solution, and have tried various things, but had 0 luck Sad Any ideas?!
Have you tried playing an mpeg2 file? these are played directly by the MVP where as others have to be trasmogrified or something on the fly.

I'm not saying that's the problem, but a step in narrowing down the area playing up until someone can read logs better than me.

Martin
Your logs seem to indicate you only got one of the two connections required for the MVP to function. Specifically you didnt get the media streaming one. This would typically be either (1) a firewall getting in the way, or (2) you've left some of the Hauppauge services running and its receiving the request.
Thanks Sub, and sorry for being a numpty... I was sure I'd disabled Windows Firewall!!!