NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Pinnacle remote with GB-PVR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to use my Pinnacle PCTV DualDVB-T Pro PCI remote with GB-PVR? IR port is connected directly to the PCI device.
So, because it's connected to the device, can it be used with this application??
There is no built in support for this remote, but it may still work. Most remotes use software that can be configured to send keystrokes to the app being used (either via config files or a config app). If that is the case with this remote, then it'll probably work but you'd need to configure the keys to match those needed by GB-PVR.

There are no standards that cover how remotes work on capture cards, so each and every manufacturer does it a different way.
take a look at this 2 threads:
- http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=22906
- http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=13458 it's about pinnacle pctv 200e (usb device), but i guess the same should work for your card, if you also got the pinnacle media center software

please do us all a favor: if you get it working (there is no reason it should not work), do a quick post reporting it a success, so that we know in the future that it works Wink
Hi,

I think this information fits best here: The Pinnacle Remote Control works perfectly with gbpvr. I use a PCTV Dual DVB-T PCI 2000i, the receiver is directly connected to the card.

You'll find a pdf in Programfiles\Pinnacle\MediaCenter\PCTV_Remote.pdf which describes very detailed every necessary step.

The Pinnacle remote concept is to control the WHOLE computer - which really works for me since yesterday. You have to edit a profiles.ini, there you can start any program with any remote control key, and mostly important you can send any key or a combination of keys.
Keys defined in the default section are valid for all windows, if you define a section with the name of the window title, these keys are valid only for this program - if it is active.

Ok, I see that my english is too bad to describe the possibilities correctly, read the pdf, with this information you can do everything with the remote control what you can do with your keyboard.

This remote control is almost as good as gbpvr...

cubi