NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Games plugin - Support Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please post all questions here, so not to hijack the Community Announcements thread. Remember to include version numbers and any relevant logs in your posts.

As always suggestions and comments very welcome.
I was able to play Tic-Tac-Toe and Hangman on my tv with mvp. I couldn't figure out how play connect four. What key do you hit to mark the boxes?
The enter key selects a box (just like in Tic-Tac-Toe). Bear in mind the game is base on the MB Games' (a UK boardgames manfactuer) version of Connect 4. You have to play from the base up. In other words you cannot place a counter without one below being used. Kind of hard to explain in words Smile sorry
Thanks for the quick reply. I think I know what you mean. I will give it a try.
My kids love this plugin. My daughter is just learning to read and she gets a kick out of it. Have to remind my son that putting in "My name is Jamie" for her in hangman is a little much, just use one word.

On connect four, Like McBain said, work from bottom up.
Putting spaces in makes it impossible for her to win!

Thanks for the post fatman, made me smile Smile

Like the time when I showed my parents a WebCam view of the centre of town on the TV, thought it was amazing.

Makes swearing at the C# debugger for hours worthwhile Big Grin
Couple comments.
First off, nice work. High kid approval factor.

On Hangman, why do you lose when you still have guesses left? If you hit the right letter, the guesses don't decrement so I would expect you can only lose when you have 0 guesses left and this isn't the case.

Also while I'm nitpicking.. The screen says You Loose... Should be You Lose...
Also the Tic-Tac-Toe button says Tic Tack Toe.

Nitpicking mode off....

Trivia would be a really cool addition for another game. I can imagine that would take a lot of typing of questions and answers for the trivia source though.
First WAF/HAF, then GAF now you've just invented KAF Smile

A multiple-choice triva game would work ok in a HTPC enviroment but as you said, its the source that would be most time consuming.

re nitpicking: See wiki page for v1.1 update.
McBainUK Wrote:First WAF/HAF, then GAF now you've just invented KAF Smile

A multiple-choice triva game would work ok in a HTPC enviroment but as you said, its the source that would be most time consuming.

re nitpicking: See wiki page for v1.1 update.

I would start typing in trivial pursuit questions but that would probably lead to copyright issues.

I had this really old fun trivia game once (msdos based floppy boot) that put the question up and gave the number of spaces in the expected answer. You could ask for a hint anywhere in the answer but it would cut the possible points in half. It was themed on the Joker's Wild TV trivia game if you remember that. (Spinning wheels with categories)

Thanks for the great plugin.

I wonder if there is a public domain set of questions and answers anywhere that could be pulled out.
I played around with the new v1.1 plugin and the Hangman behavior is still a little bit strange.
When you make a correct guess the guess count doesn't decrement - I think that makes sense. However the game only gives you 13 guesses whether your choices are right or wrong. For instance if I have a 13 letter word and
I have somehow hit 12 right, the guess count is still 12 as it should be. If I miss the next letter I lose even though I have a guess count of 11 left. In other words, it looks like the game keeps track of all guesses and you lose when this is 13 regardless of the guess count.
Pages: 1 2