NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Blank Screen using Live-TV on MVP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I didn't know if anyone could be of some help.

I have just stumbled across this page, and have managed to get a few things set up and working, however, I wouldn't mind being able to watch Live-TV through my MVP using GBPVR.

I have a Hauppauge Nova-T USB2 DVB Capture device which is running through a 1600Mhz Athlon, XP SP2, 768MB RAM.

I have got it working so that I can see the EPG on the telly, record something, and then transcode it back to an MPG and watch on the MVP.

However, it seems with the Live-TV the stream is a DVR-MS format (guess it's similar to a .TS format) but the MVP can't watch this.

What I am asking is if anyone knows of a "easy" way to either stream this onto the MVP via some kind of interim conversion to MPG or store the outputted stream as a MPG in the first place.

I know I am not the best at explaining things, so if I am not making something clear, please message me and I will do my best to explain.

I am also using a CyberLink MPEG Muxer 5.0.0727

Thanks in advance

Adam
In this thread you'll find some more info:
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=7229

You can see if your mux is really installed. Showing up in gbpvr-config-misc-mux doesn't mean it's installed.
Thanks for the quick reply.

I will give this a shot tonight - as I am at work at the moment.

Just wondered (being a newbie) as to where exactly you select the mux from, i.e. which option in the menu system.

Also, I will try and get some later versions of the Cyberlink Mux.

One last thing, I found one older version, and also a Dump.ax file - do I need this too, or should I un-register this?

Adam
adamspud Wrote:Just wondered (being a newbie) as to where exactly you select the mux from, i.e. which option in the menu system.

That would be in: gbpvr-config-misc. on the bottom right of the page.

Quote:
One last thing, I found one older version, and also a Dump.ax file - do I need this too, or should I un-register this?

Sorry I don't know.
Cheers for the reply - I have just RDP'd into my PC at home, and found that option.

Hopefully when I get in, I will be able to get it all working properly!!

So now, when I watch a stream, it will be stored as a "*.mpg" as a pose to a "*.dvr-ms"?

No idea about the Dump.ax file, I might just un-register it and see how I go.

Thanks again

Adam
Good luck.Smile