NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Pixelated video with GBPVR but not with Hauppuage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, system specs are
Intel 2.66 CPU
512k Ram
Nvida 16mg Video Card
WinTV PVR-150
MVP tuner

I've been looking at the forums and have tried a lot of other suggestions for the last 3 nights, but no luck. I've been running the Hauppauge MVP in it's native mode for a while and I've been able to watch video's (.avi) without any issues. The videos play absolutely clearly, DVD quality actually. I installed GBPVR so that I could turn the box into a video recorder and since then all the same video's that I played are heavily pixelated. I've tried GPBVR in both Overlay and VMR7 (my card won't play VMR9). I started with the default video decoders, tried NVIDIA, Avivo, Mainconcept (Hauppauge) and no change. When I stopped GBPVR and restarted the Hauppauge services, all the videos played crystal clear again.
I tried the Zprocess add-on, but I don't think that is exactly what I'm looking for, it didn't help anyway.

The fact that they play fine when I use the Hauppauge interface and not when I use GBPVR leads me to believe that I don't have something configured properly there, as opposed to bad cables, bad hardware or something like that. Any ideas out there?
You might want to search these lines in config.xml:

Code:
<MVPFFmpegTranscodeCmdLinePAL>-y -i "{SOURCE_FILE}" -b 2400[B]k[/B] -ac 2 -ab 128 -r 25 -s 352x288 -f svcd "{DEST_FILE}"</MVPFFmpegTranscodeCmdLinePAL>
  <MVPFFmpegTranscodeCmdLineNTSC>-y -i "{SOURCE_FILE}" -b 2400[B]k[/B] -ac 2 -ab 128 -r 29.97 -s 352x240 -f svcd "{DEST_FILE}"</MVPFFmpegTranscodeCmdLineNTSC>

Make sure there is a k behind the -b 2400k
It's the same kind of fault as in the sticky-post nr 5: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=22656
Thank you very much for the quick reply, I'm in the middle of moving so haven't had a chance to try this out, but thanks again.
Yep, adding the "k" in the line in the config.xml worked, thanks for the help.