NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Testers and suggestions wanted for new Calendar plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After alot of googling I have found an iCal libary that I can use to work with iCal files. I didn't want to write my own so the Calendar plugin has been put on hold until now.

It would be great if you guys could send me some iCal files to test it with. Use the email link here.

Also this would be a good chance to make any requests / suggestions concerning the plugin.
Download the preview release below and let me know what you think.
McBainUK

First I want to say that this is a great plug-in. I only have 3 recommendations/comments.

1. I would like to be able to change the view of the calendar between Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Agenda.

2. I would like to remove the "Basic Calendar" so that I do not have to select my calendar every time. Another option is to be able to select the default calendar that is always displayed when opening the calendar plug-in.

3. The plug-in doesn't seem to display the location of the event. I don't know if this is something I did wrong or the plug-in is not able to view it.

Later
David
They alll seem like a good idea. What is 'Agenda' view exactly?
McBainUK Wrote:What is 'Agenda' view exactly?

It only lists the upcomming appointsments. I have attached a screen shot of what it would look like.
I like that my web calendar shows up first and is by default displayed.
I haven't tested recurring events yet, but that is a much needed features.
Adding the day of the week to the top is much nicer as well
Nice work
I ended up with two calendar instances since one plugin was calendarPlugin.dll and the other is calenderplugin.dll.
They both use the same skin file though
calenderplugin.dll is was before I learnt how to spell Smile Can just delete it.
On my google calendar I have an event that repeats every year on the third Sunday in June (Father's Day in the States). On Google it shows it correctly in 2008, on the new calendar it shows in on 6/17/2008, which is not on a Sunday.
Here is the relevant ics file. Note the RRULE line. BYDAY=3SU

I did change the organizer and email to protect the err innocent..

EDIT: Actually I don't think Google will schedule this type of event. It was in a calendar that I imported into Google from their calendar search page. Google does display the date correctly though.

BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20070617
DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20070618
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=3SU;BYMONTH=6
DTSTAMP:20070122T055825Z
ORGANIZER;CN=Astro:MAILTO:googlecal@astro.us
UIDBig Grin1CF862E-06DA-44C2-8D22-B739BE2AA8F0
CLASSTongueUBLIC
CREATED:20070115T022738Z
DESCRIPTION:
LAST-MODIFIED:20070115T025145Z
SUMMARY:Father's Day
TRANSP:OPAQUE
END:VEVENT
I don't think the iCal parser I'm using knows about the BYDAY=3SU;BYMONTH=6 bit. Will look into adding it.
Pages: 1 2