NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVPServerChecker is released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just released a little program that helps hide the GB-PVR MediaMVP Server window that occasionally pops up.

example:
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=22404

It also checks to see if the server is even running, (might have crashed or something) and restarts it...

It's a very low CPU use program that seems to work well for me and my three PVRs

Check it out...

MVPServerChecker

PS, One fix for the Server box popup is to have the GB-PVR Recording Service NOT interact with the desktop. Unfortunately, that's not an option if you are also using HIP, as it relies on the service interacting with the desktop.
And the obligatory update is released.... It now differentiates between a MediaMVP Server and a GB-PVR session
zehd Wrote:PS, One fix for the Server box popup is to have the GB-PVR Recording Service NOT interact with the desktop. Unfortunately, that's not an option if you are also using HIP, as it relies on the service interacting with the desktop.

What's HIP? :confused:
Spartan Wrote:What's HIP? :confused:

You know what they say: "If you have to ask...." Big Grin

HIP is a program that interfaces GB-PVR with Set Top Boxes and the remote control. Most people use the native support for the remote built in. This won't work right off if you're using a Satellite or Cable receiver. HIP requires GB-PVR to interact with the desktop session, therefore sometimes causing those MediaMVP server boxes to appear.

Sub originally suggested I chat with HIP's programmer and suggest that he rewrite HIP to use a different login session to interact.

This seemed easier...

But MVPServerChecker isn't only for those that have the recording service set to interact with the desktop... It will help make sure that the MVP server is always up and running...