NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hauppauge MCE remote control problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I bought a WinTV-PVR-150 MCE Kit (model 1062), seen here. I am trying to manually set up all the buttons on it using hip. But for the life of me I cant disable the buttons that the drivers have set up. I have tried to follow the hip guide but since I have a Hauppauge remote and not an MCE remote it wont work. Has anybody been succesful at doing this?
I am not sure what you are trying to do but I am using the Hauppauge remote that came with my 150MCE and HIP.
How did you get windows to stop responding to the button presses when using hip? If I set the enter key on the remote in hip, and I press the enter key on the remote, the keystroke is sent twice because hip sends it, and then the windows driver sends it.
If I remember correctly all I did was follow the guide in the wiki. Are you using the replacement MCE Remote Driver?
The remote does not show up in device manager for me to change the driver, the only thing I have in deveice manager for the remote under the USB section is the ehome ir transmitter.
I have the same exact remote, 1062, and I've got everything but two keys working, DVD and Info. I will get them to work soon. Basically, you will have to use the ehome infared driver in conjunction with HIP. HIP will be used to map only the buttons that are not working, which is quite a few.

My remote works for the following:
My Music
My Pictures
My Videos
Recordings
Guide
Live TV
All # keys
Clear
Enter
Back(Prev Channel in TV mode)
All Playback keys
Power(In/Out of Standby)
Mute
Vol
Channel
MCE Green Button(Used to start GBPVR)
The four Hidden Color Keys(Need to modify the remote to get these working) Check the following link for details: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=24186
I do not recall what the name of the device was under the USB devices exactly but it was ehome something. After you load the new device drivers following this it should show up as MCE Infrared Remote Receiver.
Where do you get the driver for the ehome ir receier for the Hauggpauge mce remote?