NextPVR Forums

Full Version: problem changing channels via MVP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have had MVP running for about a week. Recently, a problem has developed changing channels. When I attempt to change channels , either by using the channel up/down button, or keying in a number, after a long delay, I get a brief flash of the channel that I am changing to, then the GBPVR menu page comes up. Live TV is highlighted, and after I hit the OK key a few times, the channel that I am changing to appears. This is a new development. It worked OK before.
I have no problem changing channels on my PC, and the delay is definitely shorter. However this difference could be the MVP overhead.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
You could try increasing the MVP LiveTV Pre-Play delay setting in the config app. It might be related to this.
In the opening post to this thread, I should have stated that the problem is is changing channels with the remote. No problem changing them on the PC

Sorry
sub Wrote:You could try increasing the MVP LiveTV Pre-Play delay setting in the config app. It might be related to this.

I've only been particiapting in this program for a little over a week, and I'm afraid that I haven't had to do this yet. Can you give me some help? Is there a place where I can read about these sort of things, or do you just have to learn by doing?

Thanks
Did you find the wiki yet:
http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Config/MVP
This is where your issue is explained.
Yes, thank you.

I have been all over it, just knew it by GBPRV-config. I thought it of more of an GBPVR application rather than a MVP. Is app short for something that I should know? Applicaton? Won't forget that one.

Thanks again
I solved my problem by going back and checking the MVP tab configuration. I had a check mark in the "Force ....." even though it was not there in the WIKI. Just sloppiness on my part. So when I detected aproblem with skip, I knew tht I had better check the config first! Solved that one too.