NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Rev D3 OK - Rev D3A No Sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have two Media MVPs connected to the latest GBPVR, one is a revision D3, the other revision D3A.

The D3 plays recorded videos perfectly.

The D3A plays recorded videos but with no sound.

I am guessing that it's down to the dongle.bin file I'm using - or does anyone think it may be something else? I've downloaded the latest driver from Hauppauge and extracted the dongle.bin - no success (just the silly yellow bar other members have reported).

I've tried the default dongle that comes with GBPVR - again, same problem - no audio.

Does anyone have a revision D3A unit - if so, do you have dongle.bin that works? Would you mind sharing/emailing?

Thanks
I doubt its down to the dongle.bin, you sure its not a faulty unit?

But anyway sending you a link to my dongle.bin which is a few levels down, but does work with d3a units. (Its only downlevel since I use a different tftp server to serve it)
I have 3 D3A MVP's with no problems and I'm using the dongle.bin provided with GB-PVR. Sounds like a faulty unit.
here the same. two units d3 and d3a, both fine with the default dongle.
Two D3A's here no problems. Try unplugging it to reboot it.
The D3's had a capacitor installed backwards, the D3A was corrected. Keep an eye on the heat generated by the D3. There is a volume control on the MVPs, that could be possible occurrence. The left and right menu navigation buttons acted as volume on the 34 button remotes.
I just purchased a new Media MVP from Newegg and it is a version H3. It is still within the 30 day return period. Does it have hany of the problems mentioned for the D3 revisions?
Thanks
The D3 was the only one with a manufacturing problem. The production house switched capacitor types, misidentified the markings, and installed them with the polarity backwards. Ironically, the new type was a much more reliable part.
powercycle first -> problem exist? -> probably faulty unit
Thanks for all the advice.

After trying the D3 unit, I went back to the original dongle.bin shipped with GBPVR. The D3 unit worked again perfectly.

I then tried the D3A unit while the D3 was already connected, playing a recording and BINGO! I could hear the audio fine on the D3A...

I have absolutely no explanation - but now both the D3 and the D3A are working on the default dongle.bin shipped with GBPVR.

I'm sure I must have done something else - but I can't tell you what it is!

Many Thanks again and sorry for the wild-goose chase - apologies for wasting your time.