NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Firefly remote control config File - download here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Recently I was playing with my firefly remote and reloaded the drivers.

Unlike you might expect, the installer does not respect user data files and deleted my gbpvr.xml config file for some reason.

In trying to get it set up again, I was reminded of the lack of complete config files available on the web and how much tinkering I had to do to get it working to my satisfaction.

So here it is - probably the most complete config file on the web for the firefly remote. There may be some functions you would like to change, but most everything should pretty much work as expected.

I'm also including the main config that kills the beyondTV mappings that come by default & remaps them to GBPVR functions. The firefly button will fire up GPBVR and the music, TV, and video buttons work as expected.

Hopefully this helps someone at some point get their remote configured much more quickly and easily than having to do it from scratch or one of the incomplete files found on the web (and maybe help me if I ever lose my config again)

These files should be placed in the following subfolder
Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SnapStream\Firefly\Profiles
Thank you sooo much! I had a mapping I made that worked great for awhile, until I upgraded GBpvr to the latest current version, then the same mappings didn't work as expected. The files you uploaded work great and restore functionality back as expected. There's only one quick question I have, since you are a guru at this, how can one set the next button to cycle to the next video file for playback? I've been wondering about this for awhile now. Anyhows, thanks for your help!
Sorry for the very late response - I didn't get an email notification on this thread.

Do you know the key sequence that would normally cycle to the next video file for playback? That's not a function I've used.
Do you know where I can download a good Firefly config file that is compatible with the latest version of GBPVR? I am currently running version 1.2.13.

I read your thread but I didn't see where I could download it. The download here in your thread was not available to me.

Thanks
garytn9988 Wrote:Do you know where I can download a good Firefly config file that is compatible with the latest version of GBPVR? I am currently running version 1.2.13.

I read your thread but I didn't see where I could download it. The download here in your thread was not available to me.

Thanks

Hi Gary___

There are descriptions and instructions for this in the GBPVR Wiki. They provide the basic information you requested. Link follows:

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Hardware/Firefly

I currently run GBPVR 1.2.13, and this profile works
  • It probably has the wrong Windows Identifier (Piece of crap) for this version
  • Does not matter - this section is an anything that works statement - if any entry in this section resolves as TRUE, the Firefly Profile for the application is invoked for the active window.
Follow the instructions and let me know if things work out.
  • Please provide any feedback as a Forum response to this post.
    • This allows others to benefit, participate, and contribute

At the pesent time I record shows using GBPVR , and watch them with VLC:
  • I found that the Codecs GBPVR could find on my PVR system were inadequate for playback (aspect ratio problems, no matter what setting - could be related to Nvidia 8500 and V7 Monitor (Ingram Micro branded Chemei 220)) incompatibility.
I plan to update to the latest version of GBPVR in a week or so. I usually wait until I feel all of my add-ons are fully supported.

Regards

Garth
The basic remote functions (Forward, rewind, pause, stop, etc..) still does not work when playing a recorded video.

I followed the directions in the links you provided at least I believe I did. I'm not a programmer so a lot of the info was way over my head. For you folks that understand all that stuff, hats off.

Anyway I'm attaching a zip file which includes both the global.xml and the gbpvr.xml file I am currently using. They are both saved to location "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SnapStream\Firefly\Profiles".

The version of GBPVR I am using is V1.3.7 which executes file "c:\program files\devnz\gbpvr\pvrx2.exe"

Any help on how to fix this would be great!

Thanks,
You need to ensure the entire text is included in the xml file. Here is mine.
I attempted to used you config files but had the same result of when playing a recorded video, the basic remote functions like "Pause", "Play", "Rewind", "forward" etc.. do not work.

I am including two different Zip files with two different versions of the GBPVR.xml files attempted. The zip file named "GBPVR_DIDNOT_WORK1.ZIP" has the original XML files from this post just removed the informational text at the beginning of the file.

The second zip file named "GBPVR_DIDNOT_WORK2.ZIP" has the file modified with the version of the GBPVR file used which is "pvrx2.exe". It also has screen shots in a wordpad document of what is defined for the keys according to the FireFly profile editor. Are the Play, Pause, Rewind, Forward etc.. suppose to be blank? If not, what are the correct codes for these keys for GBPVR version 1.3.7?

One day I will get this, of course with all your help

Thanks for all your help
I've got my own issues with gbpvr now and i'm not getting email responses from forum posts, so i look at this as i remember. What does work? does the firefly button work to start gbpvr? if so then the global.xml file is ok. my profile editor is the same as yours.

the only thing i can think of is the classname. ensure the class name is the same as what's in the xml file.

this is mine and it works. I forget how i found the classname. run the appidentifier in firefly, then run gbpvr and alt tab back to find the correct classname.

what ver gbpvr are you running now?

also. the problem i've run into is that some avi files i play will do nothing until i move the mouse during playback to pull up the OSD, then hit pause. then the firefly will work.

I'm trying to setup an OTA HD setup and working thru some playback issue on a laptop when i discovered that little gem.

oh, and does the firefly work with the gbpvr menus?
The classname should be right as I got it from the appidentifier. I am running GBPVR version 1.3.7 which uses the pvrx2.exe. Yes, the firefly works to start the GBPVR menus and it works navigating the different menus.

Just when playing a recorded video, the basic remote functions do not work (Pause, Forward, Rewind, Stop).
Pages: 1 2