NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Technisat Skystar USB Plus / Technotrend Connect S-2400
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

does anyone know if gbpvr runs with the new Technisat Skystar USB Plus / Technotrend Connect S-2400 (same Model)?

Here are the specs:

http://shop.technotrend.de/images/specs/...S-2400.pdf

Regards, figurehead;-)
I havnt seen confirmation either way.

If its got BDA drivers then it should work.
Hi figurehead,

did you find out if this works or not??? looking at buying a couple.
i've got a s-2400 and would like to know if anyone has had success in adding it to the device list in GBPVR..... I've only just started trying to get it working by editing bda.ini but my changes don't seem to be appearing in the device list Undecided
If you run the FilterCheck.exe utility from the GB-PVR directory, then zip and attach the filtercheck.log that gets created, I'll take a look for you.
Thanks Sub! The problem with my previous editing of bda.ini was that it wasn't saving my changes (Thanks a lot Vista!!!) Anyway, I decided to edit the entry for USB 2.0 DVB and make it DVB-S instead of DVB-T. I used th graphedit link (in the first post) to check on the names of things so my bda.ini now includes this:

[USB2.0 BDA DVB-S Capture]
TUNING_TYPE=DVB-S
FILTER_TUNER=USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner
FILTER_CAPTURE=USB 2.0 BDA DVB Capture
PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
PIN_TUNER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_IN=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_OUT=MPEG2 Transport

This now allows me to scan without any errors, but doesn't detect any signals Sad

I tried to run the filtercheck but always got an error...this may be due to file writing permissions in Vista, so I copied it to another folder and tried but still got the error... the log that was produced contained this:

20:31:09.734 INFO Log started
20:31:09.734 INFO Filter Check v1.0
20:31:09.734 INFO
20:31:09.734 INFO
20:31:09.734 INFO Checking AM_KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE filters
Quote:I tried to run the filtercheck but always got an error...this may be due to file writing permissions in Vista, so I copied it to another folder and tried but still got the error... the log that was produced contained this:
Thats odd - I've never had anyone report a problem running this utility.

Quote:Thanks Sub! The problem with my previous editing of bda.ini was that it wasn't saving my changes (Thanks a lot Vista!!!) Anyway, I decided to edit the entry for USB 2.0 DVB and make it DVB-S instead of DVB-T. I used th graphedit link (in the first post) to check on the names of things so my bda.ini now includes this:

[USB2.0 BDA DVB-S Capture]
TUNING_TYPE=DVB-S
FILTER_TUNER=USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner
FILTER_CAPTURE=USB 2.0 BDA DVB Capture
PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
PIN_TUNER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_IN=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_OUT=MPEG2 Transport

This now allows me to scan without any errors, but doesn't detect any signals
Do a scan then zip and attach the config.exe.log and config.exe-native.log files and I'll take a look.
Thanks Sb -

The FilterCheck gives this error:
(Window heading=) FilterCheck.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services
"Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=0x10d0 (4304), Thread id=0x3d8 (984).

Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application."

Ok - as for doing a scan - I'm not sure where the logs are that you'd like me to send Smile
I wont bother looking into the filtercheck error. Its never had a problem before, so I'm working on the assumption you've got a broken filter installed on your machine.

The logs are in the 'logs' subdirectory.
here are the most recently changed files in my logs dir Smile
Pages: 1 2 3