NextPVR Forums

Full Version: freecom dvb-t usb stick not picking up all channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After all the time it's taken me to get things working at all, perhaps I should count my blessings....

but I wondered if anyone here (have downloaded and am using gbpvr software which is very impressive) might know how I can get my freecom dvb stick to pick up a few channels.

My missing channels are channel 4, more 4, e4, film 4+1, itv1, itv2 itv3. I have tried rescanning several times. Sometimes I get 56 channels (lots of radio channels, which typically I am not bothered about!) and the ones I've listed are missing. Sometimes it is even worse and I get only 39 channels in total with lots more tv channels missing. (this is the list I get with totalmedia the software that came with the the usb stick, but exactly the same tv channels are missing in gbpvr). I have discovered that the channels I have listed are from the mux2 set in the UK.

I am using my 'proper' aerial connection which has always enabled an ordinary freeview box attached to the tv to pick up all channels. So it is the stick - I'm just wondering if there is anything I can do rather than having to spend more money on another brand.

Thank you.

Edit: I'm not sue whether this would have been better in the support/hardware forum. If a moderator thinks it would, then please do move it.
I can think of two reasons this is happening (software wise).
1) You have picked the wrong transmitter in the dropdown when you scan for channels (not very likely)
2) The configuration in one of gbpvr's pre-configured ini files (can't remember which one from the top of my head) for your transmitter is wrong.

Both of these would easily be tester by setting "all transmitters" (or something like that) when scanning. Scanning will then be done on all frequencies (which will take a lot longer), and hence pick up all channels.

What's bothering me though, is that you sometimes miss even more channels, and that you miss the same channels with Totalmedia. It could be that you need a signal booster. Have you split the antenna cable many times, or is it "directly" connected from the antenna?
The stick is the sole thing connected to the aerial, not split in any way. I will try looking at what you suggest later (have to go out now.) Cheers.

Edit: I just had a chance to try the stick further away from the computer via a usb extension lead, and that seems to have done the trick. I now get all channels. Hooray!
So the computer itself provided the disturbance? Oh well, good thing you got it sorted.
I have a similar problem - Freecom DVB-T and with GBPVR I pick up BBC channels and E4+1 fine, but no other ITV channels (all those listed above) and no radio channels, which I DO want (channels are recognised and audio is ok but picture is 'fuzzy/crazed', but radio channels not found at all).

Totalmedia picks up all the same channels my freeview box, which includes channel4 ITV1,2,3,4 etc.;

I already have the stick on a USB extension lead.

The aerial lead is from a 'powered splitter', which actually gives better results than direct to the wall socket. Transmitter is (probably) Hemel Hempstead (how can I tell? my freeview box doesn't help), but I have the scan on 'all regions' anyway. Can anyone suggest what to try next?
I have the freecom DVB-T Hybrid stick, this seems to pick up all the channels, including some I dont.

My Aerial configuration is very convoluted, comes in from the aeral into and amp split to the DAB radio and the other to my Tivo to my Skybox and then to the loft. Where again it is split to the bedroom and then to my PC.

The only time I have issues is when the stations are not broadcasting.

I dont get any radio stations though.