NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Ads Tech TV Tuner Card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that it was only posted a few days ago to show how to add an analog tuner to the list, but it didn't happened because the card wasn't supported. I have an Ads Tech Tuner card that has hardware MPEG-2 encoders. I was wondering if some could post an example of how to add an analog card to the .INI file or even how to do it for this model. Looking at the .INI file for analog cards it looks to be a little bit more involved. Thanks, Dave
I dont think a full description has been written anywhere. A good first step would be trying to hook it up in graphedit, then post a screenshot of the graph. This would give us most of what is required for an entry in direct.ini.

To show you approximately what that graph would look like, and instructions that point your in the right direction, see the graph examples at http://www.shspvr.com/graph_build/realtime_perview.html. That page also has a download link for GraphEdit.
Thanks, I will do that tonight and post it in the morning.
Hope you don't mind my thread crashing... I'm trying to accomplish the same thing with a TV Deluxe USB.

Graphedit doesn't show a 'remote graph' to connect to when Beyond TV Express is running, but there is one when the ADS 'CapWiz' app is running live tv. Here's a hi-res version of graphedit cap attached.

The meaning of the various variable names (e.g., "PIN_CROSSBAR_VIDEO_TUNER_IN=") aren't clear to me, nor are the different types of filters listed by GraphEdit. Is there some way of reading this info about a filter out of graphedit, or anywhere else?

Finally, I'm not confident that the ADS USB box will have tuner drivers exposed in the same way as internal cards, so it might not be possible to config gbpvr to work. (Beyond TV Express comes free with the box, but I want my gbtv!)
gubbeen Wrote:Hope you don't mind my thread crashing... I'm trying to accomplish the same thing with a TV Deluxe USB.

Graphedit doesn't show a 'remote graph' to connect to when Beyond TV Express is running, but there is one when the ADS 'CapWiz' app is running live tv. Here's a hi-res version of graphedit cap attached.

The meaning of the various variable names (e.g., "PIN_CROSSBAR_VIDEO_TUNER_IN=") aren't clear to me, nor are the different types of filters listed by GraphEdit. Is there some way of reading this info about a filter out of graphedit, or anywhere else?

Finally, I'm not confident that the ADS USB box will have tuner drivers exposed in the same way as internal cards, so it might not be possible to config gbpvr to work. (Beyond TV Express comes free with the box, but I want my gbtv!)
Unfortunately, that device seems to use a different filter layout than the other cards GB-PVR is compatible with, so isnt compatible. Sorry.