NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Joost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any plans for Joost compatibility with the MVP? I just got Joost today and it's awesome!
A developer (or sub) would need a Joost invite if this were ever to happen. (Providing someone is interested in doing this.)
Joost invites are not too hard to come by, I have a few myself if anyone is interested.

However, I fear that at the moment Joost support would be unlikely - Joost uses its own propriety DRM-encumbered format for delivering video. Util someone finds a way to gain access to the video stream, remove the encryption, crack the DRM or some other way of getting at the video content itself, getting it out to the MVP will be near impossible, I fear, unfortunately.
Quote:However, I fear that at the moment Joost support would be unlikely - Joost uses its own propriety DRM-encumbered format for delivering video. Util someone finds a way to gain access to the video stream, remove the encryption, crack the DRM or some other way of getting at the video content itself, getting it out to the MVP will be near impossible, I fear, unfortunately.
Thats my assumption aswell.