NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVP: Pictures, videos, music *Help Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't seem to get the the MVP to play pictures, videos, or music off a network drive. I have mapped their locations as suggested in one thread, I have set the gbpvr service up to run under an admin account as suggested in another, I have gone to the host pc and reshared the folders several times. i have mapped, remapped, changed doongles, skins, you name it I have changed every setting a rookie could think of. I can see the main folder for each (pictures, videos, music) on the MVP so I know I've mapped them out, the mvp just wont open the folders to show the files contained. I have to be missing something simple and I appologize for such a rookie question. The MP3 streaming was really one of the main functions that I was eager to get working. I thank anyone in advance for any help they may have.
Welcome to gbpvr.
I think you might find an answer in this thread:
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=4164
Let us know how you get along.[url=http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=4164&highlight=mvp+networked+drive][/url]
Still not getting anywhere. I set up both pcs with same user (they already were) I assigned them the same password, I changed the startup on the gbpvr service, stopped the servives and restarted. I also redirected gbpvr to the file directories in setup, and went to the networked pc and reshared the drive/folders. Does the full gbdvr need to be installed and running on the networked pc? I just dont know what I've got set wrong. any other ideas?
Are you using UNC paths or mapped drives? Post you config.xml and GB-PVR logs and I'll take a look.
Could there be a firewall in the way?
I mapped the dirve and then just pointed to the dolders in the mapped drive for each (pictures, music, videos). they are all on the same network drive. Here is the config file. Which log file do you need to see (I assume they are in the log directory)
I thougt of the firewall and I disabled all of the windows firewalls, I don't think there is anything else running.

thanks for the help, I'm sorry for being so lost.
lb
I think you should try UNC paths instead of mapped drives.
Success!!!!! Not sure what UNC is, but I was thinking you ment for me to got to network computers and path it out that way. If that is what you had in mind or not, that worked. It appears that mapping a drive doesn't work. Thanks for all the help. I am happy now. I just need to figure out how to get the steam smoother, but I'm sure there are plenty of threads that already talk about that. I appreciate all the help. The key was not to map the drive. Thanks
lb