NextPVR Forums

Full Version: skip & ffwd does not work on movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi Martin,

Some other observations with alpha dongle 02-03-2007 & GBPVR 99.5
Have a D-type MVP (europe model, i.e. with scart).
Audio/video setting are set to PAL.

1) When playing a recorded movie, I am not able to fast forward : skip (>| button on 45-remote) & ffwd (>> button on 45-remote) do not work. Ffwd is config'd in GBPVR to short skips.

2) When playing a recorded movie, on the bottom of the screen, some greenish blocks are playing around. Looks like the MVP is not able to keep up with the speed of refreshing the screen. When playing with the Hauppauge dongle, the video plays flawlessy.

Hope these observations helps to improve the mvpmc-dongle

John
johnvk Wrote:Hi Martin,

Some other observations with alpha dongle 02-03-2007 & GBPVR 99.5
Have a D-type MVP (europe model, i.e. with scart).
Audio/video setting are set to PAL.

1) When playing a recorded movie, I am not able to fast forward : skip (>| button on 45-remote) & ffwd (>> button on 45-remote) do not work. Ffwd is config'd in GBPVR to short skips.
Thanks again John. I've never even tried short skips because my original smal group of gbpvr alpha testers, who really helped me get through some growing pains, told me it wasn't stable with gbpvr so they didn't use it. Now that I've cleaned up many other things it is time to try and emulate this too.
Quote:2) When playing a recorded movie, on the bottom of the screen, some greenish blocks are playing around. Looks like the MVP is not able to keep up with the speed of refreshing the screen. When playing with the Hauppauge dongle, the video plays flawlessy.

This sounds like pal problems. If you add the -m pal option that I talked about on the previous email, or select pal from the mvpmc main menu Setup menu, I'm hoping this will go away. This isn't supposed to be necessary if you've ever updated your mvp with the Hauppauge software but tkgafs also indicated that mvpmc didn't auto detect pal for him even though flash was showed that it was.

Martin
johnvk Wrote:1) When playing a recorded movie, I am not able to fast forward : skip (>| button on 45-remote) & ffwd (>> button on 45-remote) do not work. Ffwd is config'd in GBPVR to short skips.

As a followup what kind of file are you talking here,? I don't have a lot of samples but all the MPEG2 high bit-rate, including YouTube downloads do seem to ff/rw/skip.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:I've never even tried short skips because my original smal group of gbpvr alpha testers, who really helped me get through some growing pains, told me it wasn't stable with gbpvr so they didn't use it. Now that I've cleaned up many other things it is time to try and emulate this too.
Glad to contribute.
The issue appears on previously recorded TV-programs. However, only with older shows, i.e. with older PVR-150 drivers. On recent shows, the ffwd and skip work fine. BUT, with the Hauppauge dongle, ffwd and skip works always; even on the shows which have difficulties with the mvpmv-dongle.

mvallevand Wrote:This sounds like pal problems. If you add the -m pal option that I talked about on the previous email, or select pal from the mvpmc main menu Setup menu, I'm hoping this will go away.
See previous post. Adding -m pal to the config file solved the issue. Select PAL from Setup-menu does not.
johnvk Wrote:The issue appears on previously recorded TV-programs. However, only with older shows, i.e. with older PVR-150 drivers. On recent shows, the ffwd and skip work fine. BUT, with the Hauppauge dongle, ffwd and skip works always; even on the shows which have difficulties with the mvpmv-dongle.

Its going to be tough since I"m not sure if I have any mpeg 2's that fail, I will see if any mpeg-1's around that skip with gbpvr.

You could help here if you want to move to advanced telnet use. One my page I keep a debug mvpmc executable that has some debug logging turned on. You could place this in your mvpmc share with your config file and you could load it instead of the dongle's version with /etc/mvpmc/mvpmc instead of mvpmc

I would be interested in seeing the logs from when you hit the remote key. The screen captured clipboard text should be fine. putty is a great free telnet client for windows and it even lets you capture the session as well as a whole lot more Highly recommended. Alternatively you could redirect the mvpmc log to a file on your pc but that takes creating a rw share. If you want to try this let me know.

Thanks,

Martin
Hi Martin,

I am happy to help. Although I am not a total rookie on telnet & unix commands, it has been a while....

The dongle.bin.config file is located on a rw-file share on the server. If you tell me how to redirect the logging over there. No problem.

I notice that /etc/mvpmc is actually the "mvpmc" share on the server; but mounted read-only.

Show me where I can find your debug version. Currently I am using your alpha version dated 2-March-2007

John
johnvk Wrote:Hi Martin,

I am happy to help. Although I am not a total rookie on telnet & unix commands, it has been a while....

The dongle.bin.config file is located on a rw-file share on the server. If you tell me how to redirect the logging over there. No problem.

I notice that /etc/mvpmc is actually the "mvpmc" share on the server; but mounted read-only.

Show me where I can find your debug version. Currently I am using your alpha version dated 2-March-2007

John

Thanks John, the file is http://www.mvpmc.org/~mvallevand/mvpmc.zip

to mount the share rw

umount /etc/mvpmc
mount.cifs //yourshareip/mvpmc /etc/mvpmc -o username=guest,password=guest,rw

You can add these to your config file if you figure on doing this often

For the redirect just add the following to the command line inlcuding the greater then sign

> /etc/mvpmc/filename.txt

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Thanks John, the file is http://www.mvpmc.org/~mvallevand/mvpmc

ehh, how do I download that file :o
Simply clicking the URL will opens the file in my browser.
I feel sooo dumb...
Right-click on file Save Link As for Firefox, if using IE Save Target As
johnvk Wrote:ehh, how do I download that file :o
Simply clicking the URL will opens the file in my browser.
I feel sooo dumb...

No, this was my mistake I'm so used to downloading files via the command line, I forget about doing it directly from email.

I've zipped it up it saves bandwidth all around.

Martin.
Pages: 1 2 3