NextPVR Forums

Full Version: WinTV-HVR-1600 and OTA HD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone had any luck with configuring ATSC digital with this card? I was able to get analog cable working but configuring for ATSC digital still escapes me. I have an HD antenna and I was able to get ATSC working with a trial version of BeyondTV, but I am not able to configure correctly the preferences in the GB-PVR configuration utility. Any help would be appreciated!
There is a pretty big thread (which I haven't read, so I don't know if it's usefule to you) on that device. Maybe it will help you get further:
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=22452
abanguilan Wrote:Has anyone had any luck with configuring ATSC digital with this card? I was able to get analog cable working but configuring for ATSC digital still escapes me. I have an HD antenna and I was able to get ATSC working with a trial version of BeyondTV, but I am not able to configure correctly the preferences in the GB-PVR configuration utility. Any help would be appreciated!
What exactly is going wrong when you try?
Well I quickly read through the messages in the forum thread and I was able to choose the correct Recorder plugin (BDA Recording Plugin), but is there a recommended EPG Source to use among the choices provided? I used the Zap2it Recording Plugin for Analog Cable but it does not seem to work for ATSC digital. Thoughts?
zap2it it should also be fine for ATSC. If your digital channels are not a subset of the analog channels in your current zap2it channel lineup, then you may have to create a second zap2it account.

If it is a subset, then just configure it for the same zap2it account, and only map the channels that are available via ATSC digital for you and the rest will automatically be disabled.
Also make sure you don't have the analog and digital version of the same channel in your Zap2it listing. (example: KDFW and KDFWDT - some channels it would show both listings, some channels it would show only the digital one and some channels it would show only the analog one, it was somewhat inconsistent so I unchecked the analog ones and checked the digital ones in zap2it)