NextPVR Forums

Full Version: ATI HDTV Wonder Install?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got a my dvr machine running a pvr-150 and i decided to add another capture card. I looked at the list and i saw that the Ati hdtv wonder had native support. i bought it and put it in but in the capture card list in gbpvr it is not listed. which one do i use. i am trying to configure the dtv and the sdtv inputs. thanks
The ATI HDTV Wonder only partially works with GB-PVR. The analog side is not supported because it lacks the required hardware MPEG2 encoder.

The digital side does work, but unfortunately the hardware PID filtering that ATI do gets in the way of the GB-PVR channel scanning, so you have to enter the channel details manually. There is a couple of threads that give the details of how to enter this info manually. Let me know if you cant find it with the forum search and I'll have a look. The ATI HDTV Wonder is a bit painful in this respect. This is the only device that has this problem.
well im glad i bought it now haha. anyway howcome it is on the native list?
i got the analog part working with the guide from bigbus and using the softwaredecoder plugins. now for the digital side.
I have a card that doesn't have a hardware encoder and have gotten it to work alhtough the quality isn't all that great... was wondering if you had a link to that guide from bigbus you're mentioning? Maybe there's something in there that will help me improve the quality. If you have it, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks
Go through this thread. Try around post #34 I think.

Bigbus

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...ght=bigbus
Posts #24 and #36 show the two setups