NextPVR Forums

Full Version: What graphic card and remote to buy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can I have your advise please?

I have downloaded GBPVR and I would like to use it instead of MSMedia Center 2005.

I do not require a digital or analoge TV tuner as I am using only a Sky Satellite Digibox with a Sky card covering all required programs.

The digibox has a scart outlet only which could be converted to S Video or composite outlet to connect to the computers graphic and sound card.
I would like to use a remote control to access your program.

1. Which sound card?
2. which remote control transmitter/receiver ?
3. Do I need anything else?
4. Is Microsoft OEM Media Center Remote Control Receiver suitable? This sells at £ 20.00 in the UK, when available)

Many thanks for your help.

PvM
I'm confused. You wish to use GB-PVR to record programs but you say you don't want a TV card in the PC. How are you going to get the sky transmissions into the PC!?
you need a capture card / tv tuner with an s-video input on it to accept the s-video signal from sky. Something like the hauppauge pvr-150.

you will then need the MCE remote that comes with the irblaster so you can send remote signals to the sky box. I've never done this so can;t offer any
more help.

sound card? - any one really - -use the onboard if you have it.
I am sorry for the confusion. All I wanted to say was that I do not require a digital or analogue tuner as the skybox already has the signal that I can feed into the computer via S video or composite output. The graphic card in my computer is combined with the Mboard, cnosequently I have to buy an additional device to connect the lead to the computer. But what? An other graphic card or a TV card?
Regards
PvM
Thanks, I will get it.
PvM