NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Problems loading mvpmc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've downloaded the most current mvpmc dongle 0.3.3, and have attempted to install based on the instructions in this (and the mvpmc) forum.

I have a H3 mvp that is connected via wireless to my network.

The dongle seems to load, but I end up on a screen with a green background with www.mvpmc.org surrounded in blue. There does not seem to be any menu, the remote keys seem to have no effect...

What am i missing?
JavaWiz Wrote:I've downloaded the most current mvpmc dongle 0.3.3, and have attempted to install based on the instructions in this (and the mvpmc) forum.

I have a H3 mvp that is connected via wireless to my network.

The dongle seems to load, but I end up on a screen with a green background with www.mvpmc.org surrounded in blue. There does not seem to be any menu, the remote keys seem to have no effect...

What am i missing?

0.3.3 doesn't support wireless. In suggest you try my alpha dongle which has the best emulation mode capability, or try the mvpmc nightly tomorrow. March 11

Martin
I am having the same problem.

I have a D1 MediaMVP.

I tried all three versions of the dongle, release, nightly and alpha.
snowmanaxp Wrote:I am having the same problem.

I have a D1 MediaMVP.

I tried all three versions of the dongle, release, nightly and alpha.

I am not sure how this relates to the wireless problem, but I can try and help loading anyway. Since you see the mvpmc.org graphic when the dongle loads there is likely a networking issue so I'd like to know how your mvp is networked to your gbpvr server.

Martin
You were very corect, it was a networking issue.

I am using Vista Home Basic on a wired home network.

I had originally had the MVP working through GBPVR. I know I had to allow GBPVR access through the Windows Firewall because I did it originally.

But I may have rebooted my computer and lost that change since I last used the MVP. Because after I tried all of your dongles I went back to try the one supplied with GBPVR and that didn't work either.

That is when it dawned on me that I might have to check the firewall again. This time it worked for the dongle in GBPVR and then I tried out your 0.3.3 version and that is now working.

Thanks for this great piece of software.