NextPVR Forums

Full Version: AVerMedia AVerTV MCE 116 Plus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the following card:-

AVerMedia AVerTV MCE 116 Plus, 16 Channel preview, Auto scan, FM Radio

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=323375

I setup gbpvr and set up capture source and it detects my card when I check the check box and have used a giu app to gen xml but when I go to the main app no picture? I have a sky+ satellite box and have s-video from the box to my pc

any ideas?
I'm not really familiar with this card, but zip and attache the logs and I'll take a look.
sub many thanks for your reply, when I configure gbpvr it autodetects it as AverMedia AverTV Video Capture (M113 with FM / NTSC) which it obviousy is not.

When you ask for logs I assume you mean from graphedit? Have been trying to make sense of http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Hardw...aptureCard but am lost, what do I need to do to get the logs?
zip and attach all the files in the c:\program files\devnz\gbpvr\logs directory.
attached
The only thing that stands out in the logs was that it tried to change to channel '0' which isnt a valid channel. Can you check the channel numbers you have next to your channels in the capture source channel list.
how do I go about creating a custom ini for this card in the hope it might work?
From the look of the logs, the current section you're using is fine. If you really wanted to see it saying AverMedia MCE116 Plus, the you could duplicate the M113 section in direct.ini, but I dont think that'll make any difference to its operation.
Ok so making some progress.

My mistake was a stupid one and once I set up the capture source as "s-video, external tuner" I got a picture (sound is working perfect already). Problem is now the picture is black and white , rolling bars? I am running an s-video cable direct from an svideo out on a sky+ box to my card's s-video in socket.

(Just some other information of note for the avermedia AVerTV MCE 116. If you have the latest drivers installed GBPVR loads fine but if you install the AverTV app you get errors so basically just install the drivers.)
Quote:Problem is now the picture is black and white , rolling bars? I am running an s-video cable direct from an svideo out on a sky+ box to my card's s-video in socket.
That sounds like a reception problem, or you've got the wrong channel number entered next to the channels in your capture source channel list.

Does the tuning assistant show your channels?