NextPVR Forums

Full Version: beware of the pvr 150mce!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now i have test and use all thing and diferent setup !
have use a lot moore than 200 hours and the only sensible i can understand
is that the last card you should buy is the 150mce.
i have test it in 3 diferent computors all 3000mz one intel chipset
one via and one nvidia and both with 1 or 2 card setup and in gbpvr
wintv 2000 and my recorded file is always always the same shit that i cant
convert to divx in 2-pass .
but when i plugged in my pvr 350 the recording qality is at least 100%
better or moor maby 200% too.

the chipset the 150mce use is Conexant CX23416 and that is a lowbuget
chip they produse after Conexant CX23415 that pvr250 and pvr350 used
and another thing is that the 150mce isent maked to deliver a mpeg or a
mpg movie file, they use a format they call (DVR-ms) and that is a mirosoft
protected format.

i have sent a question to divx to see if they can analyse a file that i have recorded and see what´s wrong in it.Big Grin
I use one 150 and one 150mce. They both work the same. I use the drivers for the 150 on the 150mce. I think the driver release was 24108
I have 2 150MCE cards and have no quality or conversion problems. Can't remember what driver version I use, they came from Hauppauge web site in UK, which had a version a few months newer than US site.
The pvr150 is designed for mpeg2 (it has a hardware mpeg2 chip), dvr-ms is a wrapper for mpeg2 with extra data. Also to convert dvr-ms to mpeg2 is a quick process in or out of gbpvr.
pvr150 or mce normally has the problem with timecode and make mpeg file out of DVD compliance. You might have this problem with break time code that converting to Divx is not possible.
Although the pvr150mce has a bug, it's been addressed and is so stable for anyone who has fixed it on their machine...

Check this out... http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tips/TimeStampIssue

I have had only 150MCEs and have been able to do any sort of transcoding. It's quite straightforward. But I would say, I like XVid better than Divx. Partly because it's free...

And, I have a very good eye, though would not profess to be a videophile. I have been able to get VERY good MPEG to DIVX/XVid transcodes in One pass. So good, that I'm removing the 'two pass' feature out of my transcode helper, 'ZProcess'...
I use 2 PRV150Mce's and have no problem recording or transcoding to xvid. Be sure to fix the timestamp issue that zehd linked to.
My driver version is from cd-MCE-31F.zip and is WinTV-PVR-150500MCE_2.0.48.24277 (WHQL). I've never had a timestamp or commercial skipping problem. I got the drivers from here
Same here.
the only transcode problems I had were due to the timestamp problem with my 150 MCE.
Then I changed the drivers & I have had no problems.
nitrogen_widget Wrote:Same here.
the only transcode problems I had were due to the timestamp problem with my 150 MCE.
Then I changed the drivers & I have had no problems.

Is that a MCE driver on a non MCE OS?
Pages: 1 2