NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Frame Rate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have this setup:

2.4GHz Pentium 4 Processor
1GB RAM
Geforce ti4200, 128MB Graphics card
Hauppage PVR-150

Overall quality is decent but I've noticed with fast moving sporting events that the frame rates aren't there, it might be pushing out ~15 fps rather than the 25-30 fps needed for smooth playback to the eye.

Is there a setting in GBPVR I can tweak or do I have a hardware bottleneck? If it's hardware, what is it, the graphics card? I can't imagine it's the processor.

Or is this just the way it is with PC based PVRs?

TIA
The PVR150 will be recording a consistant frame rate, with no dropped frames, so its probably a playback problem. Try the overlay renderer option and/or a different video decoder.
sub Wrote:The PVR150 will be recording a consistant frame rate, with no dropped frames, so its probably a playback problem. Try the overlay renderer option and/or a different video decoder.

Thanks, I tried some of your suggestions. It looks like the issue turned out to be that the TV out for my video card was set to non-interlaced, thus my estimate of seeing 15 fps was right on. Once I changed it to interlaced the video looked smooth as silk.

Thanks for the input.