NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Dual Tuner cards and MultiDec - is the card shared?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

If I use two separate tuners or a dual-tuner device for DVB-C, will I be able to record two encrypted channels with a MultiDec/Viaccess setup with one valid card in the cardreader. [SIZE="1"](Legal notice: It's perfectly legal for me to see/record the channels concurently - I also have them all in parallel on the analog side of my cable connection)[/SIZE]

TIA

/Niels
In theory, yes, but unfortunately there is a bug in the multidec directshow filter we use that means it only works correct with the first device used in the process. ie, you could currently watch tv with one device (1 x gbpvr.exe) while recording with another (1 x GBPVRRecordingService.exe), but you couldnt do two recordings at the same times (2 x GBPVRRecordingService.exe).

The author of the multidec directshow filter is aware of the issue, and working on a fix.
sub Wrote:In theory, yes, but (...)

The author of the multidec directshow filter is aware of the issue, and working on a fix.

OK - that's good new then. Just as long as it will be possible in a foreseeable future.

This could lead to some interesting issues for scheduling in the mean time, but I'll take that in another thread if I get set up before the bug is fixed.

Thanks Sub.

/Niels