NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Adaptec AVC-3610 Quality Setting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No matter what changes I make to the quality setting, the file size and picture quality are the same. I have tried recording high, medium, low and custom. Is there away to make changes to make the file size smaller? Is this a limitation of my capture card the Adaptec AVC-3610. I tried making changes to the ini file, but still the file size and picture quality are the same. I searched the forum for the answer, but did not find an answer for my type of tv card. Any help anyone can be will greatly be appreciated.
Changing the video resolution wont work with this device, but it should be able to change the bitrate. Try a recording, then zip and attach the GBPVRRecordingService.exe-native.log and I'll check the bitrate is applying correctly.
I recorded a few minutes of "According to Jim" at low quality and a few minutes of "King of Queens" at medium. I hope I attached the right files. If I need to send something else please let me know. Thanks for your help.
Unfortunately there isnt any universal standard way of setting the bitrate etc with capture cards. GB-PVR tries the most common ways, which covers the vast majority of cards, but unfortunately this device looks like it uses some other non-standard mechanism. Sorry.

I dont hold much hope for it working, but you could try setting INIT_MODE=IVAC in the [Adaptec AVC-3610] section of the direct.ini file then try again. I suspect it'll do nothing more than result in a few errors in the logs, but worth trying.
I thank you for your help and time. Can you suggest a dual tuner card that might work? I'm thinking of the Nvidia dual tuner or Avermedia dual tuner. Basically what I want to do is record the show or movie and dump it to a DVD so I take with me, if I do an hour show it works great and over an hour will not fit on the DVD. Thanks.
The Hauppauge PVR500 gives you full control over this type of stuff.

The Nvidia dual tuner is a discontinued product now, so probably not a good buy. I dont know anything about the Avermedia devices.
Thanks Sub.

Apparently that change worked. I recorded two shows at low quality. The 1 hour program file size was 1.2GB and the 2 hour program was 2.87GB. Thanks for all your help.
Great.