NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Keystone & Geforce 5200
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The image that i see on my TV is not proportionate to the shape of my TV (see attached)
I can easily fix this with the Nvidia Keystone tool, but when active it will reduce my frame rate to about 15fps. Has anyone had this same problem? know of a solution?

I've tried using other NON-Nvidia tools to create custom Resolutions, but they do not seam to work for TV output.

I have tried 640x480, 720x480 & 800x600
the higher Res does look nicer, but is still not quite proportional.
Did you try F7-button to change to different aspect ratio's?
Its not just GBpvr that is not proportional, even the Windows desktop is the wrong size....
Have you tried different frequency settings in the video setup?
some monitors/TV's will only accept 60 hz at certain resolutions.

Also, turn off the NVIEW options.
You want the TV as the primary monitor & you want to set the displays to clone if you have a PC monitor attached.

I have a 5200 & trying to use different resolutions between the TV & the PC monitor just did not work out right.
I have tried different frequency settings, in steps of 0.10 all the way down to 49.9 and all the way up the 68.4 at which point my TV will start to lose V/H hold

If i pop an old commodore monitor on there I still get the same proportion problem.. so that leads me to believe it is my 5200. But so many other ppl seam to have 5200s and are happy with them, so that leads me back to blaming the TV.... and round and round i go Undecided
BlueGreg01 Wrote:I have tried different frequency settings, in steps of 0.10 all the way down to 49.9 and all the way up the 68.4 at which point my TV will start to lose V/H hold

If i pop an old commodore monitor on there I still get the same proportion problem.. so that leads me to believe it is my 5200. But so many other ppl seam to have 5200s and are happy with them, so that leads me back to blaming the TV.... and round and round i go Undecided

It sounds like your overscan & picture positioning is not set up correctly.
Unfortunatly I'm not in front of my PC so I can't browse the drivers to exactly tell you what to look for.

I'm pretty sure you want clone mode & no Nview though.
I can post some screen captures of my driver settings here tonight if you think it will help.
nitrogen_widget :

I would love some screen captures, please do =)
Here they are.

[Image: nview1.jpg]

[Image: nview2.jpg]

The screen position may be set to squash.

However now that I've thought about it, it almost seems like you are sending a 16:9 aspect signal to a 4:3 TV.
If that is possible.
Make sure your resolution is 720x480.