NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MSI K9AGM2-FIH --Replacement for K8NGM2-FID
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just read a review on it from trustedreviews.com. Seems like a very nice update to the K8NGM2 board (which I absolutely love!). Updated to an AM2 socket, but it is down to 2 ram slots where the K8 variant like I have has 4. Also no DVI but it does have HDMI and an on board x1250 video card!

One thing that I like about it, is that it is fan less. The north bridge and south bridge are passively cooled, this is noted in the review as well.

Review is here.

Now... how do I convince the wife that we "need" a new mobo/proc/ram on a machine that is only about a year old? Big Grin LoL
I've used several of the K8NGM2-FID boards for customer builds and I really like them. All of them problem free to date. The 2 dimm slots is kind of a negative but with a 2gig dual set it really shouldn't be a problem even for Vista. Really like that they added the HDMI port to the board. Was looking to upgrade some stuff here soon and this may just be the board I use. If you get it and hook it up to a TV using HDMI let us know how it works out.
how exciting, i really wish they'd had that out before i bought the asus in HTPC2 (although it is working well also)
As much as I would like to upgrade... its not going to happen soon. I need to replace the TV, as it is only a 27" SDTV. I'd like to pick up a 37" LCD, but we will see how that goes.

We were in Sam's Club the other day, and the wife saw me looking at a 37" LCD and her comment was "that would look nice in the family room..." If I wait a little longer, then it will be her idea and I will most certainly let her take the credit for figuring out it was time to replace the TV. Smile

I have looked at the Olevia's on Newegg, they get great reviews, but I have yet to talk to anyone who has seen one. Some one said Wal-mart here in town has them, I might have to check that out. Even if it means that I have to go to Walmart...

[INDENT][INDENT]Begin Rant
I'm not a big fan of Walmarts predatory pricing, or how they treat/pay their employees. A good friend of mine works for them up north, and the crap they pull on their employees is horrible!
End Rant[/INDENT][/INDENT]
I have the 537H and imo it can't be beat for the price. I would have liked to have another hdmi port and 1080P ability but for what I paid I'm more than happy with it. I get a slight audio pop every now and again but it was mostly fixed by a firmware update. The pop and a clunky menu are really my only two gripes and they aren't even really that big of a deal. Would have liked to go bigger but with everything else I was dumping money into I couldn't justify it.
So you have this one, right?
Yep, exactly. I actually like the looks of the 237V better with the speakers on the sides but with the 537H you get a universal remote and a better warranty. Besides those two things they are the exact same tv as AFAIK.