NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Theater 550 Pro + Crashes = HELP!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the Theater 550 Pro tuner card. I have had some limited success in using this. I have been able to get as far as watching a few minutes of video. I have all the latest drivers and BIOS. I have even done a fresh install of XP MCE. I think that I have narrowed the problem down to my decoder. First trying to use the Nvidia PureVideo decoder did nothing. I would only get a second of video in LiveTV before getting a BSOD(Stop 0xF4). After installing Cyberlink, I can now get a few good minutes before the BSOD. I have tried installing the ATI MMC, and PowerCinema, neither of which helped at all. The FM tuner on the card works perfectly through all of those and GBPVR. I would appreciate any help at all that I could get.

My Machine:
Biostar GeForce 6100 M9 Motherboard
Athlon 64 3000+
1.5 GB RAM
250GB WD Sata II HDD
Visiontek Radeon X300SE Graphics Card
WIndows XP MCE
I noticed now that it seems to be crashing when I use my mouse(it is a USB mouse). After it crashes it brings checkdisk up after windows starts. The chkdsk utility runs through the first 3 stages, and then the pc restarts again before the chkdsk is complete, after which windows starts normally. If I run the chkdsk manually, it will complete without finding any errors. Any ideas?
A BSOD is a pretty sure sign of a driver problem (capture device? video card?) or a general system instability (memory? power supply?).

Was there a message logged in the Windows Event Viewer giving details of the BSOD?
I see a lot of things in the log. What exactly am I looking for?
Look for a message in the Event Viewer for the same time as your machine BSOD, then post the details of that message. Someone might get some useful clues and be able to give you advice.
Ok, thanks for the reply. I am out of town now for the weekend. I will be back on Monday and I will try looking for the log files. Thanks
When you say "log files" I assume you're talking about the Windows Event Viewer entries? The GB-PVR logs wont contain anything that'll help with this one.
I think that the entries were pointing to something with a disk error. I tried changing all the cables, but still the same. I tried the card in a different machine and it worked flawlessly. After doing some googling, I think that I have determined that the 550 pro is incompatible with my nforce 410 chipset. Thanks for the help though.